Black and white tegu housing

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by kavinos, Apr 16, 2005.

1. kavinos

kavinos Member

What sort of size is needed for a breeding pair of black and white tegu?

Also is it possible to have a glass fronted viv.. or would tegu quite happily push the glass out? Am I better to dry and create a kind of 'pen' in the garage?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. usmckitten

usmckitten New Member

They will need at least a 8'x 3'x 3'. and bigger if posible.. They would be fine witn glass (plexy glass would be best). Because you live in England I wouldn't suggest the garage unless it is completly insulated and you can control the temps. They need enough room to turn and move freely from eachother. If you want them to breed you wouldn't want to put them together untill it is time to breed..

Go to : http://www.agamainternational.com/

They deal with the argentines black and white.

you can also go to : www.thetegu.com

They have info on all the tegus.

Kristin

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. kavinos

kavinos Member

The problem is I would have no where else to house them other then the garage. Need to think of a way of succesfully controlling the temp.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Pink_Geckooo

Pink_Geckooo Embryo

kavinos you seem to be bumping into a lot of difficulties are u sure u want to take on that much responibility. The garage could work but you'd need to have heating lights and maybe even some sort of consistent heat source for ur garage

-heat mats extra lights in the garage to keep the room warm

plus u live in england where the weather isnt the greatest.. I'd say see if you can find a tank for the tegus to live in ur house if not maybe stick to one tegu we have a 3 foot tegu in ( and i measured this with a ruler so its inches i couldn't find the proper demensions and I SUCK AT MATH lol)

length 24 inches (how long it is going back)
    height 24 inches (how tall it is)
    width 45 inches (how much room he has to walk across the tank)

its big and tall and he has lots of room he has a bench type deal we built so he can climb on it and bask under the sun there is a water bowl big enough for him usually doesnt have much water he'll tip it over and he has a long cork bark that he uses to dig under and lay along with lots and lots of mulsh(sp)
    hope that helps