Black Roughneck Monitor

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by BIGKEITH72, Sep 29, 2008.

1. BIGKEITH72

BIGKEITH72 Embryo

Hello im new when it comes to handing reptiles,my favorite reptile is the nile monitor,i went to a reptile show here in tampa fla,yesterday going to buy a nile monitor,while walking around i saw a black roughneck monitor which i had never seen before and it really caught my eye.My ? is for the more experience reptile handlers . Which monitor would be best for me to start off with ?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. LittleLouie

LittleLouie Well-Known Member

You'll probably get a better response in the monitors and tegus forum or general discussions than you will here. I don't know much about monitors, so I can't help you. Hope you find your answers though :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lestat

lestat Moderator

I moved this into the Monitor section for you, Keith. Hopefully you'll get more replies here. Welcome to the forum. :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lllxtclll

lllxtclll New Member

Tegus or a savanna monitor are good to start with, Both can grow large and need a lot of special care...but they tend to be more docile then others. Not saying there as friendly as your dog, but there less aggressive and become better accustomed to you then nile monitors for sure.