Boas that people keep

Discussion in 'Boas' started by stormyva, Nov 26, 2002.

1. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

What is everyones favorite Boa?

My personal favorites are the Amazon Tree Boa and Hog Island Boa

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. LizardGuy1313

LizardGuy1313 New Member

Mine has got to be Emerald tree pythons cuz of the colors and shape or red tails. :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

I love the red tailed boas

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Reptscue

Reptscue New Member

I can't say that I have a favorite boa. I own two BCIs, planning to get some amazons, and adore all the rest! :)

Kim

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

Reptscue, have you rescued all of those reptiles?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

I like red tailed boas, but then again I love all reptiles

12. XzyluM

XzyluM New Member

Don't really think I have a personal favorite when it comes to boas. There is quite a few that are really awestriking. They are all beautiful to me.

13. biggsxr

biggsxr Embryo

I personally love the red tails. I have 2. I think they just have beautiful pattern. but i do love all snakes.

14. DR

DR Embryo

Appearance only, I would have to go with an Amazon Basin Emerald. We currently have a neonate Dumeril's, which is really laid back and quite striking to look at as well. Our Columbian is mellow as well. she was a rescue, and unfortunately rather dull. no vivid contrast in her coloration really, and no red at all. We plan on getting either a Peruvian red tail, or a really pale Hog Island soon. I would love to get an Emerald, but they seem to be like most arboreal boids, and have pissy dispositions.

15. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

As Dr, said the Dumeril's are very nice. Definitely one of my favourites, right up there with Argentines.

16. Toolie

Toolie Embryo

I am the proud owner of an Emerald tree boa. He is such the sweetie too so I really lucked out. I'll have to take pics and put them up soon.

17. CraigC

CraigC New Member

DR,
    I think someone has been giving you misinformation about ETB disposition. I have a few and none have a bad temperment. I'm sure there are a few individuals that are nasty but as a whole, they don't deserve the reputation most attribute to them.
    CraigC

18. adam2373

adam2373 Member

The reputation of ETB's IMO is totally false. Not all are bad. My male is such a sweety, hissy sometimes but has never bit me.

19. blade1

blade1 Embryo

i have 2 common boas but my favourite has to b the snow boa beautiful snake can only dream of owning one though-andrea

20. cd

cd Member

The only boa that I ever knew personally was a rosey that was at the petstore I used to work at. She was my buddy, and she was there the entire time I was. So I guess because she made such a great impression on me, and I have no other comparison, I would have to say the roseys are my favorite so far.
    -Cristine

21. Raziel

Raziel Member

Sand Boa?Care Requirements?Cost???

Hi ive been thinking of getting a snake and some one told me that a sand boa can live in a 10 gallon...but i need to know how much they cost and there care guide and alsooo there personality.

22. Tim90

Tim90 New Member

ETBs need a little more carfull caring that others but I never have I seen one as bad as there repuation is.

23. ssscales

ssscales Member

My favorite would have to be the Dumerils, followed by the ETB's.
    I hope to add some ETB's to my pet familly by the end of this year.
    Peter

24. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Seeing as I started this thread a while back I could update my favorites....
    I should add Emeralds to the list too.

25. boa_baby_06

boa_baby_06 Embryo

my fav. would definatly have to be BRB's...there colors are amazing and even though they don't have many morphs there colors definatly make up for it! :D