BP not eating

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Trigunfan, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Trigunfan

Trigunfan New Member

i just got a mouse for my BP and I knocked it out I put the snake in a 10 gal bucket and I may of killed the mouse by accident and now the python is not going to eat it.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Trigun,

Do you have an actual question or something you need help with or are you just sharing?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Trigunfan

Trigunfan New Member

sorry i was in a hurry,i have found out what i need to know,sorry for the post

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

No need to be sorry. Just the way your post was worded I was not sure if you needed help with something or was just venting.

Anyway, if you do need help with something do not hesitate to ask.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Hey Trigunfan, how long have you had your BP?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Trigunfan

Trigunfan New Member

one week

12. Janice

Has it eaten for you yet?

13. Trigunfan

Trigunfan New Member

no,what it is that he won't eat dead mice.my dads redtail boa was the same way.i'm going back to the petshop today to get another mouse.

14. Janice

He hasn't eaten for you yet, you've had him one week, and you think it's because you are feeding him dead mice? Not even close. You are going to have to make sure his temps are correct, and leave him alone for at least another week. When did he eat last, when did he shed last? Our guy didn't eat until after he shed while in our care. Good luck, but you will probably just stress him out more.

15. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Janice has brought up some good points. First off leave the ball alone for atleast 2 weeks to let it settle into it's new environment. Next check the temps and make sure those are correct. Finally leave him in his enclosure when you feed him. Usually they will have a much better feeding response. Feeding f/t (fresh killed) or f/t (frozen thawed) would be best. It's not really that difficult to get them to switch over and it would be a smart thing to do. Sometimes it can take 3 weeks or longer for an animal to settle in. Don't worry, give it time to settle in. If you have any other questions post them up and I'll be sure to answer them.

16. Janice

Read my 'python still not eating' in this forum and you will see the trouble we had with ours. It wasn't until we just left him alone, that he started eating. We had no idea when he last ate, or that he was entering a shed. And now he's eating.