brand new corn snake

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by MrFrigels, Nov 11, 2004.

1. MrFrigels

MrFrigels Embryo

Well I just got my very first corn snake today and im really excited. I got him from Kathy Love at cornutopia.com. He's and albino okeetee.

Theres a few questions though that ive overlooked.
    1, I live in a trailor, seperate from the main house. So its not all that sturdy and shakes when I walk around. so I was wondering if that will stress him out too much.
    2, I play guitar and sometimes it can get kinda loud. How loud is too load? Also just for listening to music
    3, (this question is a little bizarr) thers a bathroom in my trailor. And for reasons that you can probably assume, it smells a little bad in there. Just wondering if putting him in there would be bad, if its toxic or something?

so I think that just about does it for now. But im sure ill be back. So thanks in advance for any replies.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. MrFrigels

MrFrigels Embryo

Also I forgot to ask, Im using newspaper as the substrate. I spilt a little bit of water in there, and it being paper and all it spread. So now the whole floor is pretty damp. So I was wondering if it would stress him out too much to take him out and change the paper, or if its not a problem?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

The movement of the trailer isnt so much a problem as traffic around the cage would be.
    The guitar noise or music wont be a problem, snakes dont really hear they feel vibrations.
    The bathroom smell wont hurt it, but bacteria and germs may cause some issues if the snake or it's food comes into contact with it.
    Newspaper is a great substrate, but if you got it more than just damp then you need to change it out. Snakes can develop all kinds of problems if they are on substrate that is too wet and/or dirty for too long.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. MrFrigels

MrFrigels Embryo

Thanx, most of that is kinda what I was expecting, but this being my first snake, I wanted to make sure evrythings ok.
    The movement in the trailor is pretty much the only thing that really concerned me. Ive been in here so long I forgot that it shook, its kinda like geting your sea legs I guess lol.

As soon as I figure out how to work my digital camera, Ill post some pics, because he sure is pretty.