breeding season

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by mohikan22, Nov 13, 2009.

1. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

After a histerectomy do iguanas (female) still have season? For some reason i cannot fathom my iggy Grizzle has become VERY angsty, always uplifting herself,head bobbing and BITING!!! everything from teh wood to her plate to the perspex window and once when i let her out she bit my trainer(boy was i glad i had tham on!) This is only the second time in ehr life ive seen her like this. Nothing has changed temperature wise food water environment etc..... so its a mystery to me, the only thing i thought of was the aforementioned title???

weve had her for almost 6yrs now . she is appx 10-11 yr old.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Reptigal94

Reptigal94 Embryo

Yes, females will still go through the "mood swings" of breeding season, I've noticed. A hysterectomy would only make it so she is unable to lay eggs. I've also noticed that their behavior can differ each breeding season. My male has never been aggressive during the six years that I've had him, two years ago he was aggressive for only about a week through breeding season, then stopped. The next year after that he was fine, and this year he's been iffy all of breeding season.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mohikan22

mohikan22 New Member

Ah well thankyou for the reply ^_^ appreciated. and worth the wait lol.