Bye Bye my beloved wally

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by geckopaws, Apr 12, 2004.

1. geckopaws

geckopaws New Member

I want to tell everyone that my cape zebra gecko passed over the rainbow bridge just a few weeks ago. His name was wally because he could climb the walls. he he. He was a tiny gecko and no more than 2 inches I would say.

It was one night when I say that he had hardened poop stuck on his cloaca and so I tryed to get it off. It was very painful and stressful for him, because first of all he is a very excitable gecko. So I left him alone to see if he might be able to get it off.

When I looked a few days later he was dead. I blame myself for this. I excited him too much and I usually don't hold him because his skin tears easily.

He lived for 2 wonderful years and was a joy to just watch and interact with him. So long wally.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Smileen

Smileen Member

That's awful Geckopaws, I'm so sorry that you lost such a great pet.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. cd

cd Member

I'm so sorry. But it sounds like he had a wonderful life with you. And you shouldn't feel bad at all, you were trying to help him, and there isn't anything wrong with that. You sound like a wonderful and very caring person, and I'm very sorry about Wally.
    Take care of yourself,
    -Cristine

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

So sorry to hear about Wally. I'm sure he knows you were only helping him (assuming that had anything to do with his passing). You obviously cared for him and tried your best to provide a good home as I'm sure he knew.