Cage Pics

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by A7X, Mar 18, 2006.

1. brad88rx7

brad88rx7 New Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. brittone05

brittone05 Well-Known Member

It is a nice set up Brad - I would maybe use your log hide on it's end though so it sits against the back wall of the tank - my 2 love to hide inside our bark tube on the glass!

Just a though but nicely done - well done :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. brad88rx7

brad88rx7 New Member

Do you think it has enough stuff for it to climb on?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

I'd probably add another leaf cluster to the upper left...
    It'll give a reason to traverse the horizontal vine... from one hiding area to another... otherwise the left hand end is just out in the open (no security)...

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. brad88rx7

brad88rx7 New Member

I now have the tree more towards the front and facing the other way, with the log propped up against the back wall. I think I am going to move the bush thing on the left towards the center to conceal the entrance to the log a little. Then get another big plant with a suction cup for the left.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. LindaH

LindaH New Member

12. nuggular

nuggular Well-Known Member

Now thats a crestie tank LindaH. I would say the best one I have seen posted here. I am currently working on a tank I made from scratch. I will be fully planted with live plants. It will be another month or 2 before it is done. But then I will post pics for sure.

13. brittone05

that is a lovely set up Linda - how many crsties do you keep in there??

14. pullinapete

pullinapete Member

Very nice LindaH

15. LindaH

LindaH New Member

How many cresties?...just one (it's the Fraggle mansion, LOL), and some nights she's all over it.

Nuggular, looking forward to seeing your setup...a tank made from scratch, that sounds great...but a lot of work. I like live plants, but I went with the low maintenance silk variety.

16. brittone05

Live pants are not that bad although I don't use them with my cresties - just my frogs!!

Making a tank form scratch I didn't fiund that bad - and am already making it's replacement - a 6 foot tall stack of 4 arboreal vivs for the cresties and the velvet gecko!! ALso making a 6 footer with 8 vivs for the leos and pictus lol
    Busy bee me lmoa :)

17. Shadraak

Shadraak New Member

the snake cages i make out of 1x2's and tileboard, could easially be scaled down to house a crestie, infact i'm thinking of making one when i'm done with this 3' cage for my BP that i'll be getting, just dont know how to do the front, if i want it all screened or like 1/4 of it glass, and the rest screen, or do all plexi doors lol it's so confusing on what to do :) and hopefully i can get a crestie soon :)

18. brittone05

Sounds good Shadraak.

I intend of having full mesh doors for my cresties with small vents on the back wall for cross flow - the rest will be solid wood.

19. BeardToCrest

BeardToCrest New Member

What do you guys think of screen cages? im thinking of gettin a 15" 16" 20" aluminum screen cage with a glass bottom and front door, its only $40 bux but would it work?

20. BeardToCrest

BeardToCrest New Member

o yea its for one 4 inch crestie