Camillo

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Camillo, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Camillo

Camillo New Member

http://nickandcaranoles.tripod.com/home/pics/camillo.htm

She was skinny from the beginning. However, she was the more sociable of the two that I got from the store; she would actually jump on my hand when I would clean her cage. She was rarely ever brown, except when something was really wrong. She ate the first two crickets when I brought her home. However, around early October, Indiana started to cool. The then-current lighting arrangement didn't work enough, so she couldn't digest her food. By the time we found a vet to which to take her, it was too late. I found her laying on the floor of the cage, surrounded by crickets that were eating her. The ceramic heat emitter had burnt out the first night we bought it, which probably didn't help. She died on October 26, 2002, around 12-3 AM.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Awww, so sorry to hear that Camillo. She looked like an absolute beauty, and certainly didn't seem skinny any more.

That photo at the bottom right of the page with her mouth wide open looks great. I bet it took a while to get that one.

You got a lot of good pics of her, and she knows she was loved very much and will always be remembered - not just by you, but by everybody else here on the site who heard about her antics :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss Camillo. I know how you're feeling and really empathize with you.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. blessedbe

blessedbe Embryo

She knew she was loved and took that knowledge with her....sometimes it's all they need when nothing else can be done......sorry for your loss

[Edited on 22/11/2002 by blessedbe]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

What wonderful pictures you have of her. I am sorry she has left you. But she left you with much more than you had before she came. That knowlegde and memories will be with you always.

Cheri

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Camillo

Camillo New Member

Actually, that picture was of her yawning. She had been crawling all over my hand when my girlfriend came over. Just as I snapped the digital camera, she yawned. It was perfect. I use that picture everywhere now.

I think one of the main things that caused her death was the fact she had laid eggs. That took a lot out of her. Even though I fed my crickets well, it wasn't enough.

Ah, well. When I move out and get anoles, I'll make sure my house is properly heated; especially the anole room :)

12. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

She looks adorable. I am so sorry for you loss but at least she had a wonderful owner like you to love and care for her.

13. nathanjburt

nathanjburt New Member

I am so sorry. Like Tasha says, I bet you were the best owner she had and I bet she loved you for caring. she looks so lovely

14. Camillo

Camillo New Member

*looks at stats*

*sees that this topic has been viewed 192 times*

I'm touched! That's the equivalent of everyone coming to the funeral... Cammy would be happy. Thank you, everyone, for all the best wishes and compliments.

Happy days to you all *and your little lizards, too!*

15. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

We lost two bearded dragons over a year ago, I often go back to their post and read them, it helps.