Can Anybody tell me what kind of Dragon my little guy is??

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by GreenKitty, Aug 14, 2012.

1. GreenKitty

GreenKitty Embryo

I've had Charmeleon for roughly 5 months, when i got him he was about 7-10cm in length. He (assuming it's a he for now) has been 15cm long for the past 2 months or so and i havent seen him shed in 2 months. I was under the assumption he is just a beardie, but his lack of growth is making me think otherwise. IMG_09233.JPG IMG_09222.JPG IMG_09177.JPG

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Looks like a beardie (and a very grumpy one, lol), but his lack of growth is a little concerning. At that size they are usually growing like weeds. Can you tell us a little bit about your setup and care? Some important questions to answer:
    1.) Where/when did you get your beardie?
    2.) What are you feeding him and how much?
    3.) What kind of supplements are you using on the food and how often are you using them?
    4.) What are his basking and ambient temperatures?
    5.) What kind of thermometer are you using? (Digital, mercury, gauge, temp gun, etc.)
    6.) What kind of UVB bulb are you using--this is very important; be as specific as you can--include brand, watt, percent UVB, etc. Better yet, post a link to the product online so we can see what it is for sure.
    7.) How far away from the UVB bulb is the beardie's basking spot?
    8.) Is the beardie basking regularly?​
    And any other details you can/want to provide will be great. This way we can make sure nothing external is inhibiting his ability to grow properly. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. Welcome to the forums!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Beardie123

Beardie123 Embryo

one possability is it could be a Rankins dragon they look like mineature bearded dragons but you should get him/her checked by a vet , my bearded dragon Rosie ( around that age) grew at least 1/2 an inch every week.