can anyone help me shed my snake??

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by teiryklav, Oct 19, 2008.

1. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

will loud voice disturb snake from eating?
    because now i put it in my house (usually in school) an my brother and fam likes to play piano,, Loudly!
    will it feel disturbed? maybe it wont eat because there's too much activity?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jeffg46

jeffg46 New Member

Give her a while. The stress of a difficult shed might take a few days or a few weeks to get over. If she is not sick, she will eat when she is ready. Don't handle her until she eats (except to move her to where you feed her), and then life should go on like "normal" (as if there is any "normal" for a BP).

As far as piano sound goes, snakes do not have ears. They only sense smell and vibrations. I would think vibrations from the piano might affect her a little, but remember, in the jungle where they live there is always noise. As long as there is no threatening scent attached to the vibration I would guess it would not cause any issues. That's just my opinion, though.

Jeff

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

As for the house gecko, dependin gon the snake. Iam not sure about out STB, but some snake are very sensitive to body heat and will only go after a warm meal. The gecko being cold blooded may not have apealed be cecause of being too cold.

btw jeep your ball is so cool,
    i've never seen that pattern,,
    is it a morph?

not sure that he is. He, yep he, was listed at a jungle ball, but Iam not sure he is suspose to be.

Usealy a voise will not effect a snake from eating. but a loud piano could, they are sensitive like jeffg46 said give it time and it sould get used to the noise. I DJ and useally have the volum up loud, it took a while before the snakes steeled dowm form that racket.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

but the seller told me to feed her house gecko, (and i have pet her from august the 17th and always give her house geckos and she always eat,,)
    many solomon tree boas juveniles goes for small lizard in the wild, they also eat pinkiez and small rat if offered but i'm not really ready to buy them,

i beg at my parents and they bought me the "easiest to care for" and they dont really like my snake,, hhh hard right? :( :( :D :huh:

there are also a baby cool blood python but the seller said it havent been tamed, and it eat mice!
    :(