can anyone recommend a good filter for my turtle tank? no too expensive!!

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by macca6118, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

90F is great for the basking spot. You actually want the water to be a little cooler than that; there should be a 10 degree fahrenheit difference in the water and basking site. So, with a basking site of 90F (about 32C), the water should be about 80F (about 27C).

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. macca6118

macca6118 New Member

right i think im all set. thank u vwey much forall ur help i will defo be baderinging u again when i upgrade my tank to a bigger one lol.

Cammy likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Happy to help! Feel free to introduce your turtles in the photo section, by the way. We love meeting new reptiles. =)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. surrealreality

surrealreality Embryo

I just joined this forum. I was googling best Filter for 40 gallon turtle tank and stumbled upon this thread. I want thank everyone for your input. I'm learning from reading all these comments. I have 3 red ear sliders in a 40 gallon tank. Their names are Tic, Tac and Toe. From what I'm reading...The Fluval filter seems to be one of the best. So I will buy that. My turtles are about 4 years old. How do I know what their sex is?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Welcome to Reptile boards :) glad you found us and that this link has helped you out! I don't know much about turtles (more of a gecko/lizard person) but I'm sure someone will come along shortly to help you. In the mean time we also have a forum specific search feature on here - its in the upper right hand corner at the top of this thread/forum. It's quite useful for answers to questions other people have already asked. Good luck!