can i c some purple tiger morph pics please?!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by jack020, Aug 8, 2005.

1. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

that is a possibly, but i have never seen colors in rankins. Something is up.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jack020

jack020 New Member

well £30 here is cheap for even a normal beardie! if i can i may go and see the beardies myself but if im not having one im not sure if i will.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. clarinet45

that would be good, to see them in person. High color beardies can run up to 200usd just for a baby. Adults are in the 500s.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jack020

jack020 New Member

omg i would never pay that much for a lizard no matter how special!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Lil_Jo

Lil_Jo Member

yes £30 is very cheap! cheapest i have found over here in the uk is £50. But mostly they seem to go for £60-£90 the ones that i have seen, & they have been pretty much standard colourations no morphs or anything special about them.
    I looked at the website too, i was a little unsure of it also. I'm sure someone in the uk has just brought a BD from a good breeder...but i can't remember who it was now...i will look threw the posts see if i can find it...then again i could be imaging it lol.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jenphilly

jenphilly New Member

His breeders might have Snow Tiger in their background, so he just called them purple tigers.

They don't look like exceptional colors, just some lavendar bars, might be bad pics though - kinda washed out look.

Consider doing some searching for breeders with pastel morphs... just be prepared to wait for about 6 months to see true colors....

Good luck!

Jen

12. kavinos

kavinos Member

Hes right, those pictures aren't of adult beardies at all. There fairly small in the body, there rear legs are are small, they should look like chicken drum sticks.

Also there tail should be thicker with fat reserves, especially in the female when she is producing large clutches of eggs. And where has this name of purple tiger come from? Thats not a purple tiger at all, its a regular beardie looking like its in shed.

If they are adults, they need to put weight on

[​IMG]

This is one of my females a few months back, shes not even fully grown there and look at the size difference.

13. reptiking

reptiking Embryo

Hi

Hi i think i best write a reply as i have only just found out i have fourm descussions about me. Firstly i have replyed to every email i have recieved about my reptiles so if you have not recieved a reply could you please email me again and i will gladly get back to you.
    Secondly i am sorry i dont have pictures of the beardies the ones taken are of a mates digital camera which isnt very good. The lenght of the Beardies was 20cm Snout to vent not to tail the tail is about an extra 20cm and has a bit missing as well. also i was lead to belive they should not be fully grown for a couple of years?
    Thirdly i am selling them as purple tigers as this is what i brougth them as when they where babys im not that sure of morphs myself (altough i have seen pictures of tigers and the pattern looks the same.)
    Finaly in responce to anyone who is accusing me of makeing up names to con people out of more money for an unusal morph all i have to stay is i am selling the babys at £30 each which is what normals are being sold for isnt it? never mind at shops where they go for £70 plus.
    thanks for reading and please post more or fell free to email me on shaunwheat316@hotmail.com
    shaun

14. reptiking

reptiking Embryo

an email of someone who has seen my beareds is campervanman90@msn.com and i will ask permission of a few others and will hopefully post them soon
    shaun

15. reptiking

reptiking Embryo

another email is tek_monkey@hotmail.com he came up and brough one of my beardeds of me and also saw the adult pair

16. kephy

kephy Moderator

Re: Hi

Hi Shaun. Welcome to the forums.

I am curious, did you buy them both from the same breeder? If so there is a good chance they are related, and should not be bred together at all. The bearded dragon gene pool is pretty shallow, and respectible breeders will trace back the bloodlines of each animal by at least 5 generations to ensure they are not too closely related or have been inbred anytime in their recent history.

Anyways it sounds like your beardies aren't big enough to breed yet, so that gives you some more time to look into it. :)

Good luck.

17. tek-monkey

tek-monkey Embryo

Hi, tek-monkey here.

I did indeed visit Shaun on Sunday, and took a leo and a baby beardie off him. I have seen the parents, and they are definately bigger than 20cm! The leo he sold me was about that, I'd say the beardies were possibly that snout to vent like he says but certainly not to tail. I'm not up on beardie morphs, only kept leos before, so can't really comment on that aspect. The parents were stunning animals though (to me anyway) and I'll be more than happy if mine ends up looking like them. Mine is settling in nicely, not handled him since I got him (or her!) as its only been 48 hours and I want it happy into its new home before I disturb it. The leo has been out twice, and seems to spend a lot of his time eying the girls up in the next viv. He's gotta stay in quarantine for a bit first though. No reflection on Shaun, just fairly paranoid when it comes to my girls health!

Thought I'd also note that the guy seems to know what he's doing. While there I saw quite a few snakes, all in great condition, plus quite a few nice leo babies. All animals were healthy and alert, certainly in better shape than I ever see in a pet shop. I can understand some of you being sceptical, especially if you thought these were juveniles breeding, but they are definately adults. Going by the animals I've got and how he was when I met him, I'd def deal with him again. Still trying to find a place for a 6th viv!

18. kephy

kephy Moderator

Well it's good to hear a nice review. I guess he is already breeding them, then? I am just concerned that he got them from the same breeder, and there is a chance they may be related somewhere within 5 generations. Also he said they are 20cm snout to vent, and 20 vent to tip of tail. If that is accurate then that is still less than 16 inches, which is too small for breeding. It's about the size of an average 6 month old. They should be at least 18 inches, preferrably bigger, and 18 months before breeding. If they are over 18 months and less than 16 inches, I'd be concerned.

But hey I can't judge, only share what I believe to be proper standards for breeding. I'm glad you're happy with your baby and it seems healthy so far. Congradulations. :)

19. reptiking

reptiking Embryo

unrelated

I was sold the pair as unrelated but can not be sure thinkin back i should have checked and wont be makin that mistake again but as i have said to people before i trust the person who got them for me. As for the size they are about 17-18inch

20. clarinet45

this is a conversation i had with Shaun::

""Shaunwheat: Hi. Are you there?
    NeedlerFace: hello
    NeedlerFace: pretty good, you?
    NeedlerFace: i take it you are the breeder of the 'purple tigers'?
    Shaunwheat: yep
    Shaunwheat: can you post on that site?
    NeedlerFace: what site?
    NeedlerFace: where i started the threads?
    Shaunwheat: faunaclassifieds
    NeedlerFace: one sec, yep
    NeedlerFace: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=70993
    Shaunwheat: you said you emailed what name was that under?
    NeedlerFace: sativa45red@yahoo.com
    Shaunwheat: 1 sec
    NeedlerFace: kk
    Shaunwheat: got it i did eamil you back didnt i?
    NeedlerFace: nope
    NeedlerFace: i was very interested in where you bought your animals and their health/setups
    Shaunwheat: if i didnt email you back its because we get lot of overseas scammers in the uk
    Shaunwheat: got my babies of two sepearte breeders but through same person
    NeedlerFace: ok
    NeedlerFace: do they have any contact info i can have?
    Shaunwheat: the lad got it wrong he said i said they where 20cm to tail but i meant to vent
    NeedlerFace: M&D reptiles reported you as a scammer, i suggest you defend yourself
    NeedlerFace: i understand, how long are they total?
    Shaunwheat: i would but cant post on there
    Shaunwheat: they bout 18 inch
    Shaunwheat: dont even know who M&D reptiles are
    NeedlerFace: i think you have to be a contributer to post
    NeedlerFace: are you registered?
    Shaunwheat: do you know who they are?
    NeedlerFace: sorta
    Shaunwheat: regestered but still cant post
    NeedlerFace: never personally dealt with them/her/him
    NeedlerFace: what is the lineage of the dragons?
    Shaunwheat: they american as well?
    NeedlerFace: i believe
    Shaunwheat: what do you mean lineage?
    Shaunwheat: sorry im new to this
    NeedlerFace: do you know who their parents and grandparents are back 5 generations?
    Shaunwheat: no
    NeedlerFace: then you are probably inbreeding
    NeedlerFace: and should freeze the eggs you have
    NeedlerFace: no offense, but the gene pool is very bad, whether UK or US
    Shaunwheat: never heard of people using lineage in the uk
    NeedlerFace: do you have any contact info for the breeders you bought them from?
    Shaunwheat: no
    NeedlerFace: well, then you did not do the NECCESSARy research to breed
    NeedlerFace: i suggest you check the blood of your leos too
    Shaunwheat: the male leo was an american import the others where uk breed
    NeedlerFace: still doesn't mean anything if you don't have the right papers
    NeedlerFace: how do you know that the american one didn't come from at some point?
    NeedlerFace: or it's parents?
    Shaunwheat: ok help me buy filling me in
    Shaunwheat: what papers is it i should be gettin?
    NeedlerFace: my female is my future breeder and this is the type of info i have about her:
    NeedlerFace: Feng-Shou’s Genealogy:
    Purchased from Harold Murray of Dragon-planet.com, HarMurray@aol.com.
    Birth date March 1st, 2005.
    Sandfire Red/Gold X Peach Hypo.
    Father- Bip: Peach Hypomelanstic.
    Purchased from Tammy Vandivers, DragginTails.com galdrich9032@earthlink.net.
    His parents were light peach with no markings and a bit of orange in the beards but no brown scales all light color.
    Mother- Bojack: Pure Sandfire Red/Gold - Dragon-Planet bred.
    [Grandmother: Miss Priss - Red Gold - Tom Vandivers
    Grandfather: Black Beard - Red Gold - Larry Prisock]
    NeedlerFace: that is what i mean by 'papers'
    Shaunwheat: ok you sure this happens in the uk aswell?
    NeedlerFace: i'm sure of it
    Shaunwheat: cause i never heard of it till now
    Shaunwheat: and used few different people for things
    NeedlerFace: what 'things'?
    Shaunwheat: for reptiles i have
    NeedlerFace: just because they come from different people or breeders, it doesn't mean the animals are not related
    Shaunwheat: yeah i know
    NeedlerFace: given, the UK is smaller than the US
    NeedlerFace: but it still happens
    Shaunwheat: but meant i have used several dealers and never heard of any papers
    NeedlerFace: did you ever do any extensive research about breeding? or ask for help on any forum?
    Shaunwheat: no but im not a breeder
    NeedlerFace: yes, you are, you say so on YOUR site
    Shaunwheat: these just pets that have breed
    NeedlerFace: hehe
    Shaunwheat: i say i want to be breeder
    NeedlerFace: if you put two animals together while they are in YOUR care, and they copulate, and YOU incubate the eggs, and YOU try to sell the animals, YES you ARE a breeder
    Shaunwheat: but the advice ive had so far seems to be ****
    NeedlerFace: where did you ask?
    NeedlerFace: can you give me sites, threads, emails?
    Shaunwheat: no do it all in person
    NeedlerFace: who?
    Shaunwheat: i got most of my stuff from shops and private people
    NeedlerFace: who? names, places, phone numbers
    Shaunwheat: have used a breeder called d c tortoise for beardies and they mention nothin about paperwork
    NeedlerFace: DC tortoise?
    Shaunwheat: my mate got indian stars and got nothin on them either
    Shaunwheat: yep
    NeedlerFace: did you tell him you were planning to breed them when you bought?
    NeedlerFace: are the male and female housed together?
    Shaunwheat: told him it was going in with my pair
    NeedlerFace: what?
    Shaunwheat: any im goin to have to go now. thanks for the advice im goin to stop the breeding untill i find out more
    NeedlerFace: no offense, but you are going to be TORN APART in the forums and it is highly likely that NO ONE is going to buy your animals. They are possibly inbreed, your buyers should be warned not to breed them and the rest sold as RESCUES.
    NeedlerFace: i will post this under Fauna
    NeedlerFace: FYI
    Shaunwheat: can you please also write i have had no dealings with m&d reptiles
    NeedlerFace: ok
    NeedlerFace: cya later
    Shaunwheat: i admit i should have done more research before i breed but thats the only thing i didnt breed them to small or to young and im definatly not a scammer
    NeedlerFace: inbreeding is as bad as breeding too young
    Shaunwheat: yeah i know
    NeedlerFace: i will post this, goodbye""

I will let you all pass judgement.
    -Sara

21. jack020

jack020 New Member

god when i posted this topic NEVA expected nething like this to happen!

22. clarinet45

I talked to him person to person and he agreed not to breed until he has done more research. I'm glad i could help him and probably avoid later problems. He should be emailing everyone that bought his 'purple tigers' that they are probably inbred and freezing the eggs he has now.
    He was given a lot of bad information, but doesn't have the common sense you would expect. (he's 22) He has his female and male together in a 40gal, which i was not pleased about, and they are going to be premantly separated.
    -Sara

23. jo_edwards

jo_edwards New Member

in my opinion it seemed a bit strange because if i had two rare morphs that were breeding i would want £50, say, for the babies

however i would inbreeding is quite common, and i'm not making excuses for it. but many reps have been inbred to increase their colours, and in order to preserve the special morphs i know a lot of beardie experts breed parents with offspring for example.
    it is a difficult dilemma

and jack - if you want a beardie, it might be worth coming up to leeds. the shop near me sells them for £40 and they are a very respectable age (look to be at least 9-10 weeks old going by the size of my hatchlings/babies). you could also stock up on some really cheap livefood

24. jack020

jack020 New Member

thanx but ive found someone im getting my beardie from hes in wolverhampton pick him up on staurday!!!!!!!!! heres a pic of them havent decided which one to have yet. i want the biggest probably because i would like a big one but we'll c!
    [​IMG]

25. jo_edwards

jo_edwards New Member

awww bless! they are cute
    i love how they look and act when they are babies. i can't wait for my next clutch! though it'll be a while yet as the eggs haven't even been laid lol
    when you go to buy him, get the guy to show you him eating etc, and check him over thoroughly.
    another thing is just to see which one likes you. when buying my recent dragons, i held them all, and ended up going for this guy who was just adorable cos he jumped onto my shoulder and just stayed there for ages. And i wasn't even after another boy - but i couldn't say no. So let him pick you and then hopefully you'll end up with a friendly little guy.