Can I keep my green anole with a bonsai tree?

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by lunasmom, Aug 7, 2009.

1. lunasmom

lunasmom Embryo

Or perhaps a more accurate question is whether there is a specific type of bonsai tree that is known to be safe in a vivarium containing a green anole? I have a small 10 gallon tank with one green anole, she's probably less a year old. She has a large piece of driftwood, some rocks, an african violet, a pothos, and a soil substrate. I made a hill so one side of the tank is higher than the other. The lower side has a basking bulb and there is a dowel to allow her to climb a little closer if she's cold, there's another dowel on the other side with the UVB bulb. She spends most of her time on the dowel on the hot side, so I was thinking of adding some sort of tree so she could have something a little taller to scale. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Hello, and welcome to the reptile rooms.

Bonsai trees usually have glue or chemicals within them, if its the type im thinking of. Therefore i wouldnt recommend keeping it near the lightbulb, however in the cool side where there is minimal exposure, there shouldnt be a problem :(

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lunasmom

lunasmom Embryo

Hm, ok, maybe not the best choice then. I want to give her something a little closer to what she might have in the wild, in terms of climbing on branches. Is there a woody plant that might make a good substitute? i couldn't really find anything in doing a general search.