can u mate a corn with a ball python

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by abcornsnake12, Jan 4, 2004.

1. abcornsnake12

abcornsnake12 New Member

can u mate a ablino corn with a ball python

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. B13

B13 Embryo

Well you can certinaly try, but i doubt you'd have any luck. One of the two would probably start being teratorially and you'd have to seperate them.
    Good luck though

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

A hybrid of a corn snake & a ball python is impossible. They should not even be housed together.

Ball Pythons & Corn Snakes come from VERY different continents and have different requirements for happy care. Both have evolved to handle certain parasites and other problems, and both have evolved to harbour things in their system that keep them safe. These things that keep their bodies protected can be fatal to other species.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. abcornsnake12

abcornsnake12 New Member

what about milks or king wit corns

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. BoaMan

BoaMan New Member

How about giving up on trying to create the latest cross and only breed same species animals. Or since it seems you know so little, how about breeding nothing at all.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Milks & Kings are different.. and even those shouldn't be housed together permanently with even snakes of their own species, let alone a corn.

Kingsnakes are notorious for being cannibalistic, and a lot of their natural diet in the wild is other snakes (everything from corns to rattlesnakes).

Milks I was never keen on anyway..

But BoaMan's right, don't bother trying to breed hybrids... There's too many people out there doing it already, and most people don't agree with the idea of creating hybrids from different species anyway.

And BoaMan's right again, you don't have a lot of experience. You should have a lot of experience caring for reptiles, and the species you wish you breed. Many people breed before they have the experience and knowledge of what to do, and end up with either dead animals, or huge credit card bills to pay for food, housing, advertising them for sale - and still not always managing to sell the animals.

Breeding reptiles is not something that's going to make you a lot of money (if any at all).

12. abcornsnake12

abcornsnake12 New Member

am just ask ing u dont have 2 go tell me what to do or not 2 do ok

13. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Are you just asking if it is gentically possible to breed these snakes? Just out of curiosity and not out of any desire to actual attempt?

14. abcornsnake12

abcornsnake12 New Member

i want to know if it is genetically possible

15. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

I was not telling what to do or not to do, but 99% of the time, when people ask these kinds of questions, they usually are planning to attempt breeding.

You go ahead and do whatever you like. You're the one who has to deal with the consequences :)

16. whistler

whistler New Member

gawd your patient axe!!u sure u got irish in ya .lol

17. Hognose13

Hognose13 Embryo

Hey you think I could breed an anaconda with a Corn snake.....That would be cool.
    heheheh.....kinda like a bull mastiff chiuahah mix.

18. Hognose13

Hognose13 Embryo

Hey you think I could breed an anaconda with a Corn snake.....That would be cool.
    heheheh.....kinda like a bull mastiff chiuahah mix.

19. susyq

susyq Member

corns and kings can mate together, but remember that certain kings eat other snakes. i have an axminster corn which is a corn/king hybrid she is a gorgeous snake but a little tempremental at times. good luck