can't stick to glass

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by RLHam3, Dec 17, 2009.

1. RLHam3

RLHam3 Embryo

so my new crested gecko doesn't have any problems clinging onto my arm or the leaves in his aquarium, but he still can't climb the glass. Is everything ok. i gave him a "bath" yesterday but still it's a no go. i feed him the repashy gecko diet. he's about 5 grams right now so he's still a little guy. any ideas?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. teach920

teach920 New Member

Honestly, there could be several things that can impact a Cresties "climbing abilities":
    I know that my young ones have a tough time climbing the glass when it is damp or somewhat cold..(like right after I mist it during these winter months...they will start to climb, and literally loose their grip and start sliding.)......I also have heard that if they walk through the CGD and it dries on their feet, it will GREATLY impact their ability to climb smooth surfaces...(but considering you said you just gave him a "bath", who know if that is an issue....)...also, what are you cleaning the glass with??? (some products will leave an oily substance, and in addition to Cresties not being able to adher to it, it can also impact their health)....and lastly, I have also heard that right before a shed, they will often times lose a certain amount of thier "gripping abilities", but obviously it returns once the skin on the feet has successfully shed.....

Just some thoughts

Connie

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lyriclaceile

lyriclaceile Embryo