carpets, burms, retics, bloods, and more... DUW

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by Blake_Herman, Mar 12, 2007.

1. surinameboa

surinameboa New Member

thank you for going in to detail :) :) :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Blake_Herman

Blake_Herman Well-Known Member

I use newspaper with them now, but I've had them on and off cypress, and I just don't like it... they try to dig in it and get it in their mouths, but keeping the humidity up with newspaper is difficult... So that's a hard question to answer...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Im keeping my sumatran in a sterilite with a latch lid. Im using papertowl and have actually had a hard time keeping it down in the 60-70% rang. i had to drill a ton of holes in the sides and top. i made 2 hides for him though with that contain cypress mulch. I got him to take a rat pup last week, but i cant seem to get him to take a mouse this week. then again ive only had him since last tuesday. ive been meaning to take and post pics, but ive been busy and havent had the chance. i picked up a blazing blizzard leo this week plus i finally got to take my other leo home since i finished my rack thing.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. honor_your_life

honor_your_life New Member

I use newspaper as well blake, try sphagnum moss. I'm waiting until home depot gets some in to change all my tanks over. Alot of friends and breeders i know use the moss and it works great they say. I prefer newspaper as it is easy to clean. But keep posting those pictures! I love them! You have some snakes i want in my collection haha. But please keep posting! Check out bob clarks site and check out the variations of burms. The normal does looks alot like the blonde. All your snakes are absolutely stunning! Well done!

Ryan,

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Sarah is just about the most stunning 50/50 JCP I have seen Very nice

I really like the gabbies. I have alway like their patterns andcolors but never had the resources to dabble in the HOTS

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. wschippr

wschippr New Member

Do you think the “normal Burmese” could be a Ceylonese python a subspecies of the Indian python just like the Burmese. It looks similar, actually that is what I thought it was at first.

12. Blake_Herman

I've looked into the ceylonese and indian pythons, and there are some similarities, but all in all, I don't know if that's what it is...

13. wschippr

wschippr New Member

Oh, I just thought that she look an awful a lot like the ceylonese and I have seen them sold in pets stores as burmese before so it was just a thought.

14. herpluver

herpluver New Member

You have an awesome collection Blake. I love the JCP!! :)

15. Blake_Herman

thank you herpluver...

wschippr, we thought for quite a while that he might be a ceylonese crossed with a normal burmese, but there's no way to prove that... he came from a decent local breeder here a while ago, but I could never get ahold of him to find out what he is, and I don't know where he is now. I'm not the original owner of this snake, but I've had him for about a year and a half now... he was so tiny and skinny when I got him, and like I said before, he was a terrible eater until about 5 months ago and now he's taking off... thanks for the input though, I've always wanted to know what he is...

16. wschippr

wschippr New Member

Well, there is a way to prove it put I doubt you want to dish out the money for DNA testing..., even then you could end up finding out that he is just a strange looking burmese, it does happen.

17. beezneez

beezneez Member

Awesome pictures, as always.