Caution! Where do you buy your crickets?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Explodingboy01, Jul 28, 2004.

1. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Believe me I understand about them creeping people out. When we were younger and still living with my parents my sister was really bad about freaking out when she saw a spider anywere. If she saw a spider in her room she would not sleep or even walk in there until she knew for a fact the spider was either squished or put outside.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. TáriStar

TáriStar Well-Known Member

Hmm hey guys... I got my order from worm man yesterday and they were pretty small but eh I didn't mind. 1000 crickets lasts me about 2 weeks so they grow... well this morning all the crickets scrunched up in a pile... like a mountian and most have died...

::sad::

and thankfuly no [edited] spiders! and I killed the worm!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MichaelM

MichaelM New Member

eh.. mine were pretty small 2.. wanted them 2 be bigger

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. SableLynx

SableLynx Member

I would avoid superwormfarm too. They are really bad for sending dead bugs and short orders. Even been known to ship less than 400 crix for an order of 1000. They messed up my order so bad I ended up paying $46 for 1000 crix and 1000 mealies. Almost double what I would have paid anywhere else.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. LeoMaster3012

LeoMaster3012 Member

my friend got bitten by a brown recluse. pretty scary stuff

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

Thats pretty scary. Good job on contacting them. Hopefully they will make some changes.

12. PentePenguin

PentePenguin Embryo

*shudders* Oh my goodness! I HATE spiders, thank God I buy locally. *shudders again* That'd be enough to make an arachnaphobic stop feeding crickets, eh?
    Take care,
    Dawn

13. TáriStar

TáriStar Well-Known Member

I wrote to wormman.com about those little worm thingies... this is what I got back within 3 mins... i thinks its an autoresponse...

Hi,
    Those are demisted beetles. They are used to control the shedding of the crickets. The beetles and their larvae eat the shedding so that the crickets don't get too many, which will attract spiders. They will not hurt you, or your pet. They can also be fed to reptiles. Thank you for your order. I appreciate your business.
    Ken

--------------------------------------

eh.