Cbus 5/2012! =D (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Cammy, May 19, 2012.

1. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Here's some pictures from the Columbus reptile show we went to today. Enjoy! =D

[​IMG]
    I got to hold one of their giant geckos too! They were really cool feeling. As Jeff very accurately put it, "They are like cresties on 'roids." =D

[​IMG]
    Bitty baby blood. They're so chubby. :3

[​IMG]
    Very angry veiled.

[​IMG]
    PINK!

[​IMG]
    Tiny rhino iggy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tiny tegus! Some day... Also, you can see some collared lizards in the top right.

[​IMG]
    Want. :C

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Cool! It does look pretty similar to the Cleveland one, even looks like some of the same vendors. I'm guessing the giant gecko vendor is the same, since there aren't many people with them-they are really cool though! And calm(from when I observe them) I haven't actually held one yet, maybe I'll ask to next time :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh nice! that looks like it was fun :) I love the saharan uros! Tegus are pretty awesome too :) One of my friends had one and it was just like a dog, used to like to snuggle and everything... although I heard that was pretty odd for them. Did you get anything at the show?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Some tegu species can be pretty aggressive, but the Argentines are often described as being "dog-like." They'll approach people for attention and petting and can learn to respond to their name, etc. And tegus in general are supposed to be a very smart bunch, so I imagine once they have actually been tamed they are pretty responsive to their keepers.

Nope, didn't get anything...well, Jeff got some rats. We were hoping to get some hornworms to split but nobody was selling them. D=