Chameleon Breeders in Washington State

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Alden, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Alden

Alden Embryo

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of a reliable, trustworthy chameleon breeder in washington? Thank You for the help :(

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

Hi Alden i currently have a Veiled and Panther Chameleon project. i do not have any eggs at this moment but i am hoping to soon. i have hatched 4 clutches from my Veiled's and 2 from my panther's. Where are you in washington?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Alden

Alden Embryo

I'm in Kent, about 45 min south of seattle

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dumerillis_1986

Yes i know kent. i am in Issaquah/Bellevue its in unincorporated King County pretty much right in the middle. what were you looking for?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Alden

Alden Embryo

I was looking for an a jackson that was a little older, I've had bad luck with chameleons about 6yrs ago andthought I'd try again. How much were you planning on selling the babies for?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. dumerillis_1986

Depends if you are looking for Panther or Veiled. if you were looking for a Jackson i would not settle with a different Kind. If you don't mind me asking what was your bad luck with Chameleons?

12. Alden

Alden Embryo

I got them from various pet shops as about 2month old babies and they all died within 2 weeks from a disease or sickness or stress. I actually wouldnt mind getting a panther or a veiled though, I just want one that will live more than a month. I was also wondering, I've seen pics of panthers but they look like veils to me, whats the difference?

13. dumerillis_1986

Panther Chameleons can be a vibrant blue from the areas of Nosey Be and Ambanja, green, red and orange from Diego Suarez and Sambava, and red from the areas of Maroantsetra and Tamatave. There are numerous other color phases as well, as well as large differences in patterns from the same areas. Female Panther Chameleons generally remain tan and brown no matter what region they are from, but there are slight differences in patterns and colors among the different color phases.

veiled chameleon has a green base color and, depending on mood, this green will range from a bright lime green to a dark olive drab. The green base color is marked with stripes and spots of yellow, brown, and blue. Non breeding females and juvenile chameleons are generally a uniform green color with some white markings. Breeding and gravid females are a very dark green with blue and yellow spots. The prominence of these markings is dependent on several factors including health, mood, and temperature of the lizard.

Those are color differences

What pet stores did you buy your old ones from? a friend of mine bob at Pets and Things that was in bellevue but now is aubern is the most amazing person with chameleons all of my Breeders have come from him as babies. You should check out the store i have not been sense they moved to Aubern.

14. Alden

Alden Embryo

I bought one from there, you say they moved to auburn? I looked it up in the phone book and couldnt find it, I was trying to go to them first because the last one I bought, I got from them and they refunded all my money when it died. Thanks for all the help by the way

15. Alden

Alden Embryo

do you know where they're located now or if they changed names? I searched through mapquest and couldn't find anything

16. dumerillis_1986

They are probably not in the phone book yet like i said i have not been there yet. no the name is still the same. Bob got out of the store part of it. he breeds at home and ships out sometimes has pickups a good friend of his bought the name Pets N things and all of his in store equipment and all his animals in store. So it is not bob that owns it anymore but he is there a lot of the time. as for refunding the money he is a great guy. he does all my vet work and Orders me meds when needed and has even hatched some clutches for me. he has the best quality Chameleons you will find. did you ever happen to see the 6ft Dumeril boas he had? the Pair

17. Alden

Alden Embryo

ya I did and I called down there and all they have now is pygmy chameleons and I was wondering how often do you hold your chameleons?

18. PantherUnveiled

PantherUnveiled Embryo

Is there any panther chameleon breeders in the seattle or seattle area?