Classifieds?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by ikermalli, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ikermalli

ikermalli Well-Known Member

What happened with the classifieds? It says read only, and there are no posts? Is there something you have to do to gain access to it?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kephy

kephy Moderator

I'm not sure why it's even there to begin with. It did not even exist until recently. One of the major rules of this forum has always been that no selling of animals or supplies was allowed at all, whether personally or commercial, it was strictly against the rules. The owner of the site was very adamant about that. I honestly don't know why or when that section showed up.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ikermalli

After the major hack. Remember, everyone wanted classifieds? The some members took the info off this site, put it on theirs etc, with a classified section, so I think they just put it in for people to be happy, but then no one is going to use it, that is what i think might have happened, I just wanted to know if there was a post requirement or something

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. justkev

justkev Hi :) Staff Member

I believe that the forum was there with the old forum software, just hidden.

When i converted reptilerooms to this forum, i just didnt hide the forum.. as I didnt really see a reason to.

What are your (everyone) feelings on having a "classifieds" forum?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. ikermalli

I think the classifieds would be a nice thing to have, although it is nothing huge not to have classifieds. I know that there were rules that there were not going to be any classifieds, so that is respectable.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

if anything, it could be used as a tool to increase traffic. A two week trial or something along those lines could work. I know Cheri was 110% against classifieds being on her site, however i think with a basic set of rules (i.e. maybe only members with 50 or more posts can use the classifieds) would make it something more worthwhile. I wouldn't mind managing something like that.

12. salvadorian

salvadorian New Member

Yeah, I think classifieds would be a good idea. That way, people who are interested in new herps can find breeders here. People who have animals that they need to get rid of but don't want to give away for free could put them on here. Traffic would go up (which I think is definately needed).
    So.... if you have a hand in running this website.... I definately would like the classified to be active!

13. 00luke00

It definately is something we'll be looking into, i think it would be a great idea.

14. teiryklav

teiryklav Member

i dont really get the classified things.. haha
    btw that topic there has been deleted have it?
    hwh..

15. 00luke00

what topic?