Clementine Banned?

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by Skunky, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

So I've been off the forums for a while, and decided to poke my nose back in and see what's up....just noticed Clementine has been banned.

Interested to know why? Especially since she was a mod?

More importantly, she was someone with a wealth of knowledge above several snake breeds. Disappointing to see she's no longer around.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. MikeDr0

MikeDr0 New Member

i didnt like her

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Very informative post, thank you. Doesnt get me closer to my answer.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. MikeDr0

MikeDr0 New Member

lol i dont think anyone really cares why shes banned seeing as no one else has replied to your post maybe put it in a different forum seeing as it has nothing to do with ball pythons

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

I dont remember asking if anyone cares, I was just asking what the situation around her banning was. So clearly, this is a question for the mods.

Posting this in the Pythons Forum is appropriate.....seeing as though she was a mod on this forum, and was a forum in which she commented regularly on her IJ carpets and helped others.

And the fact that noone answers doesnt mean squat, RR isnt quite the superhighway of exchange, unless you havent noticed.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. MikeDr0

MikeDr0 New Member

oh i must be wrong seeing as not even the mods havent replied try posting it under site q's
    that would make more sense......

12. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

I have only just noticed this now.

The reason why clementine was banned will not be disclosed unless Cheri is the one disclosing it. I don't feel i am in the position to launder any information that Cheri may not want disclosed. I know she was a wealth of information, but there is history, and bigger story than many of you know.

I know i sound like a robot, but i'm sorry, that's all that can be said.

We just need to all work together now, and get this site back upto its usual standards.

13. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Also Im not sure if you saw, but under General, I think, there is a post about some goings on to. But its good to see you around Skunky.

14. mattdlite

mattdlite New Member

Re: RE: Clementine Banned?

i care.... i look up to the mods 4 info, and i was wondering the same thing why she was banned, shrap was banned to, its sad to see a mod banned

15. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Clementine Banned?

Considering she's been around for +7000 posts, she's obviously had a big role to play in the forums. I've screened all her latest threads/posts, and NOTHING there to suggest she said anything inappropriate unless those were deleted. Therefore, can only assume that there was some internal politics at play.

If you consider how stagnant these forums have become, and how many top breeders/keepers have come and disappeared -- perhaps we should be trying to keep the experienced herpetologists, rather than banning them.

Of course, such a naive point of view.

16. 00luke00

A line has to be drawn, who can be trusted and who not. We cannot afford to have mods here that we cannot trust. 7 years of work is at potential risk. Clementine was banned for a good enough reason, and yes, she was very knowledgeable, but there are several private forum that none of you guys can see, and these posts do not come up when you query members... There is a lot of stuff gone on behind the scene, so i wouldn't be too quick to defend people.

17. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Luke, this is my whole argument. This is not good for the forum to have mods banned and removed without some measure of explanation. To me, a forum member, this looks like political power-mongering. Now maybe she (and potentially others) did deserve to go, but but without any explanation from the mods, how am I or other users supposed to know?

At some point the Board needs to speak to the share holders and display some transparancy, else it wont be long before the share-holders lose trust in the Board. It's got to be a two-way street.

18. 00luke00

I understand your point totally. It's not my place to say anything though. You must be able to understand that this is not a situation i want to be in either, with so many of our mods banned, and it not being my place to say anything.

I will speak to cheri and see what she feels she wants disclosed. Watch this space.

19. 00luke00

I also feel it undermining to state something on here about someone, when they are not here to defend themself.

20. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

With so many mods being banned, there's obviously a red flag that something is very wrong. The amount of turnover on these forums is alarming...and does not present well for Reptile Rooms. The key question is why is this happening? Are the wrong people being chosen for mods? IS too much expected from mods with no returns? Are the supermods just intolerant of different viewpoints and ban-heavy in their responses? Or .....??

Dont get me wrong, I love RR...I learned a lot from the folks here on the forum....but there just seems to be something toxic about it lately that we're losing people so regularly.

21. 00luke00

You know the problem. There was about a 6 page long thread which was an annoucement last week. We did not figure that admins of this site would take it down and do what they did. Even the best judge of character could not have forseen this. The amount of turnover on these forums? What is that supposed to mean?

There has only been one other mod removed since i have been here. Plus the ones who were banned due to this latest disaster.

And as for the supermods comment, i take that as a personal hit to me. Well let me set the record straight that super mods CANNOT ban.

22. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Luke, You shouldnt be so defensive. Go read my post again and see the questions I asked: perfectly valid questions, and by no means a personal attack on you, or anyone else. If super-mods can not ban, then I restate my question to the admin then.

I speak of turnover, as in: where did Shrap, Sheri, Blake, Clementine, Ash etc all disappear to? Why is this forum losing good, experienced keepers like these? Why can this forum not keep people? I cant think of too many people who are still around on this forum from the times I joined, yet I see some of them on other fora? So why are we losing people to other fora?

Maybe it's not important you to, and maybe it is.....but this forum desperately needs experience.

23. 00luke00

http://www.reptilerooms.com/forumtopic-60638.html

That basically explains where tux shrap robert and clementine dissapeared to. Cheri is still around, but working on the server behind the scenes, which she does for 6 hours plus a night. She hasn't gone anywhere, i speak to her almost every night.

I understand what you mean by experience. I have no doubt that new mods will be added in the new future to try and compensate for this.

24. mattdlite

mattdlite New Member

u mean blakes gone 2? were did he go?

25. 00luke00

Blake is still around i believe but not as a mod. He was removed for security reasons.