Cleo closeups...Lots of pics!

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Cerus, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

Well I spent some time tinkering around with my new camera I got yesterday and I kind of went a little nuts with the macro feature. My old Sony camera sucked at closeups, just a plain old 2Mp DSC-P31, pretty much sucked at everything. But the new one (Sony DSC-H1 SLR) kicks butt! Man, I love a new toy :) I figured after all the dough I've spent on my Leos that I deserved a little something nice for myself :p

So without further delay, here's my first Leo pics with the new cam. Lemme know you guys think :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the pics were take at about 3" away through the glass, not too shabby if I don't say so myself. :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. houdini1

houdini1 New Member

Those pics a great. I love macro shots. i use a Canon EOS 10 D. I am always taking macro shots. I love the 6 th pic.
    Kristy

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

Its not the perfect camera I'd pick out if I didn't care how much I spent but it's got a great balance of features. I almost got the Canon PowerShot S2 IS but I wanted an SLR camera. They both seem to be about the same in features though. My favorite cameras are the Fuji Finepix but really pricey for the high end models. I use to have a Finepix S602 Zoom, it was top of the line back in its day with a 1/10,000 of a second shutter speed.

My favorite is the 4th one, it's got a great composition to it, I love the shadow on her chin.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. houdini1

houdini1 New Member

I like that pic too. "Americas top Gecko Model" lol. I really like the Canon sure shot and the Canon Rebel. My stepdad gave me the Canan EOS. i was thinking about getting the sureshot the other day. My husband wants to buy one to tak to Honduras next week so he doesn't have to lug around mine. I told him he better get me some good reptile pictures. Maybe even bring me home something with scales.lol. I wish, but that would be worng to take an animal out of the wild IMO.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

Cleo could be the first Supermodel Gecko/Kung-fu master LOL

The rebels are really nice, really expensive though, I kept my camera budget below 400$, gotta save some money for the kiddies :)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. houdini1

houdini1 New Member

Yeah I wish I could go blow money. I have to feed My Snake My two Geckos. My 3 year old son and my 18 month old Daughter. I am not sure who eats more sometimes though, the Kids or the Reptiles.lol

12. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Great pics, 2 and 4 being my personal fav. good stuff. enjoy the new toy. :)

13. opy01

opy01 Well-Known Member

Number 4 is my favorite and I can see why you used it as your avitar Cerus. The Digital Rebel is an awsome camera and if my friend can't bring me back a 5D from Japan then after the 30Ds come out I am getting a 20D when they drop the price.

14. Gee

Gee New Member

Great pics!! :)

15. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

More macro shots :) Got in a couple of Isis and Goblin as well...Opy, the Goblin pictures would look good in your new setup LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

cooooollll...

17. jd16

jd16 New Member

Those are very nice close-ups!! The eyes really stand out. I hope my leos are as photogenic as yours.

18. bandedgecko

bandedgecko Well-Known Member

My favorites are 5 and 7, glad to hear you spent alittle on yourself, the pics look great.
    What mp is your new cam. Youll be able to take some great pics of the babies. You should
    get a couple of pics of the eggs also then you can show the little guys how they started out
    in this world.

19. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

Leos eyes are awesome! Goblins are very dark so you can't see much of the speckling as you do with Cleo and Isis. I probably could have spent the money on other things but it's been a long while since I've bought myself anything (Leos and Leo stuff doesn't count :p ) It's a 5.1mp 12x optical, 2x digital. Not bad on the digital part either, even at VGA resolution. So far I've got no complaints with it except that I hate Sony for only using their memory and the tele and wide angle lenses are freakin expensive! lol

I think I took one pic of the eggs the other day but I'll get a couple more to "break in" the new cam. :D

And here they are, snug as a bug. I candled them this afternoon and they are both fertile :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

Can ya'll tell I really missed not having a good camera...they're gonna start asking to get paid for all the photo shoots they do LOL

But come on, look at that pudum!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Goblin is testing a new Gecko line of eye shadow...he hopes to attract Cleo and win her over :p

21. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Wow, really great pics (again). Keep em coming. lol.

22. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

LOL, I'm going to wear my camera out and I figure you guys have gotta be tired of my leos by now LOL

23. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

i think opy could always do with more Goblin pics. lol.

24. Cerus

Cerus Well-Known Member

LOL, true, very true. I should fill up a CD and mail it too him :p

25. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Lmao, send it to him for his birthday or something.