Cleveland Reptile Show :)

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by lizardgurl87, Oct 23, 2011.

1. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

So, today I went to my 1st reptile show in Cleveland-it was pretty awesome!!! Here's some pics:
    [​IMG]
    I was so surprised how many things there were when I 1st walked in!
    [​IMG]
    I was there mainly to get a leo and look around
    [​IMG]
    this one was pretty awesome-lavender's are my fave! and I got to hold her :)
    [​IMG]
    baby tortoises
    [​IMG]
    and then full grown ones lol
    [​IMG]
    my new dream snake!
    [​IMG]
    viper's are so small! xD
    [​IMG]
    a beautiful honeybee/spider
    [​IMG]
    me holding one
    [​IMG]
    this guy was walking around with her on his shoulder-she's soo beautiful!
    [​IMG]
    poison dart frogs
    [​IMG]
    This is the one I ended up getting :D Mack Snow, but they don't know the gender or parents, since they just found her running around where they breed them, not knowing where she came from lol, I think it's pretty cool, she's(or he's) like a mystery!
    [​IMG]
    baby tarantula :3
    [​IMG]
    loved these guys! I held the one on the far left-it was only 1000 lol :) but, very nice patterns
    [​IMG]
    driving there and back u pass a fountain with longhorn cows around it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my leo's new enclosure-I'm going to add more stuff soon, but this is all I have for now...
    I hope I didn't post 2 many pics! lol, I wish I could post them all, these are all just the cooler things I saw...and 1 last thing:
    [​IMG]
    almost 4got the tegu! :)

geckolover22, яowan.ω and JEFFREH like this.
  2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Great pics!! I like that you got a nice diversity of the stuff there, there are so many people unfamilair with what Reptile Expos have to offer - this is a good thread to let them know what to expect with some of the better shows. Very nice!

Looks like Cleveland hasn't changed a bit since I was last there! RodentPro has had that same table location for the last 2-3 years at least lol. We're so luck to have decent shows monthly in OH = )

And last but not least...Congrats on the new addition!! He/she looks adorable, love the snows! Glad you were able to find something you liked!

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizardgurl87

Thanks! and I'm glad I went, it was so cool! :)
    lol, it's funny RodentPro's been there in the same locations so long and I'm pretty sure most of the stands were regulars, I got my leo from Ohio Gecko's stand, which I know have been around pretty long.
    I also got really cheap crickets :)
    Also, a question on the lighting, does the leo need a daytime light? or could I just keep the infared night one on all day?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

You can just use infrared all day; feel free to leave it one 24 hours a day or turn it off at night. I'm actually a slight advocate for allowing a natural cooldown during the night - but 99% of keepers leave their UTH's, heat tape, or red bulbs on 24/7.

No need for any other light source; some ambient light from a window somewhere in the room is adequate = )

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. яowan.ω

яowan.ω Well-Known Member

Lol, looked like it was fun! ^^

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lizardgurl87

Thanks :) It will be easier not having to switch from day to night, but I might turn on a day one every now and then to get a better look.
    and ya, It was fun, it was my 1st one :) Have you ever been to one?

12. яowan.ω

яowan.ω Well-Known Member

Yeah, briefly.

13. lizardgurl87

coo! I wasn't here that long either, I did get a chance to look at pretty much everything still though(but, it wasn't that big lol)
    Did you get anything there? The prices on the animals were cheaper, but not on all of the supplies :/

14. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

i love the pic of the tegu *o*

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  15. lizardgurl87

ya, i wanted to include that, but I just remembered at the end lol :) they're so cool and really big!

16. haylzziez

haylzziez New Member

im so going to the next show with you lol :p

17. lizardgurl87

yep yep and u getting a newt o_O
    but, I can't go next month, prob in december, which is better cause I'll have more money and it's around christmas! xD (it's dec.18)