columbian tegu furniture

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by DJeter26, Dec 7, 2004.

1. DJeter26

DJeter26 New Member

I have a colombian Tegu, and he hides alot. he’s out from about 9:30 AM to about 11:30 AM. he’s not aggressive or anything. I read on another thread that he might stay out more if I had more in the cage so he diddn’t feel all out in the open. It makes sense to me, but I’m not exactly sure what to put in there. at the moment the cage is 4 ft long, 2 ft wide, and 2 ft tall ( he’s about 1.5 ft himself ). It has a long branch going from the bottom right corner to the top left, a water bowl, and a basking rock ( not heated, but basking ). any ideas on how to furnish? o, by the way, my mother and I are making him a pond to lay in with an airator ( i think thats what it’s called ) so i can have little goldfish in there for him to snack on if he feels the need.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. tegu_girl0

tegu_girl0 New Member

1st tegus nerley never clime
    2nd do you have a cool side?? if you do place your fake plats mostly around the cooler side and some what on the hoter side
    3rd do you have a large holow log hide i made a hide from twisting the fake plants together
    4th do you leave your lights on?

tegu_girl0

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. DJeter26

DJeter26 New Member

yes I have a cool side
    i do not have a hoolow log anymore, he got too big for it
    i have my light in during the day, and turn it off at night

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. tegu_girl0

tegu_girl0 New Member

yah ok you need 2 get a new hide then

p.s. i an the same tegu_girl0 as at repticzone.com

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. DJeter26

DJeter26 New Member

o, lol, that's what I was gonna ask you that. thanx for the info once again.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. tegu_girl0

tegu_girl0 New Member

yup no prob

12. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

what type of substrate are you using? if you use dirt then your tegu will dig itself plenty of hides along with the rest of the hides and furniture that you have in the enclosure

13. DJeter26

DJeter26 New Member

I have cypress mulch, but I was thinking about putting dirt in one side of the cage and see if I can get a few small plants to grow in there. any idea on what plants would be good?

14. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

for a tegu really no plant would survive the diggine and trampling. my best suggestion are fake silk plants.

15. DJeter26

DJeter26 New Member

ok, where can I get those? I read someone got them at wal-mart or something?

16. tegu_girl0

tegu_girl0 New Member

yah there cheeper (price mor than qualaty) than you can soke them befor you pit them in there

17. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

yes walmart carries the same fake plants that petstores have for much less of the price

18. tegu_girl0

tegu_girl0 New Member

my pet store has the same pig lefy plant as walmart for 6 bucks! and walmarts price is 3$ that shows that petstores are just out to make mony and dont care what other ppl have them 4

19. Danac

Danac New Member

I have put "funiture" in with my Arg. B&W. He loves to rearrange but seldom uses it. He prefers to dig in to the cypress bark to "kick back".
    A note for Tegu Girl, do you not know how to spell or were you in a hurry. I am not trying to flame or be rude, just curious as I have seen others do this as well.

20. tegu_girl0

tegu_girl0 New Member

its k i stink at spelling i am geting petter and my mom said i had 2 get off so it was both

21. tegu_girl0

tegu_girl0 New Member