Cookie17's pic thread

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Cookie17, Jul 6, 2011.

1. electrofelt

electrofelt Member

Hi Cookie,

Go figure they both turn out to be male, no wonder there was some aggression going on. I'm glad to hear that you divided the 40 gallon tank. Did you encounter any problems dividing it? I am always curious to hear how it went because at some point I might do the same thing with my 55 or 40 gallon tank.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

It went okay, it was kind of a pain in the butt at first. here's how I did it:
    I put the plexi where I wanted it, then put a drop on both sides of the plexi at the front and back. After that dried, I applied it like the directions said, after placing the tank on its side so i could reach it better. (I'm short) I did it on the front, let it dry, then did the back, then the bottom. I'm putting tiles for a second level with silicone. I have a tile stand I made and just used that to support the tile while the silicone dried.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

I'd seen before on another post that Saphira attacked Merci, but I didn't know they both turned out to be boys too...that sucks, cause your so sure it will be alright and you even sexed them before and double-checked! Well, crap happens I guess and Merci's better, right? I love how you have all those animals too! Are thay all in your room? I barely have room for my two tanks in mine lol :p
    and I like how you added the "other animals" lol, I have some cats and I've always wanted a chinchilla! :) I was thinking about getting a hamster, since I have an extra cage, but all the animals you have are awesome! How many tarantula's do you have? I want a few lol, but I want pretty much every animal!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Cookie17

I have 12 tarantulas total, I'm selling some now; and they were just too young to tell for sure... well, unless I used a magnifying glass which I didn't have a decent one. But now I AM sure, and they are both okay. Mercy's tail is growing back really fast too! My LPS has an undernourished leo (was sold to them like that) the owner's son said that if the vendor lets him have it for free, he'll give it to me for free. So I'll be nursing my first leo back to health, hopefully. I will have to be on top of things! I'm excited, but not getting my hopes up just in case the vendor doesn't let him have it. The vendor sent that leo with a bunch of others so it probably is very subordinate and doesn't get to eat a lot. I'm hoping that that's all it is.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Cookie17

[​IMG] Saphiro a couple days after I got him at the end of July...
    [​IMG] Saphiro's coloring now. His purple is fading!
    My anole "Emery" passed away on 11/24/11 (Thanksgiving)... I'm working on convincing my mom to let me get a bearded dragon for Christmas...
    Also, my avicularia avicularia (common pinktoe tarantula) molted last night, and "Jade", my GBB (C. cyaneopubescens) tarantula molted about a week ago
    I'll add more pics tomorrow!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Cookie17

ok so MAYBE I FORGOT to add more pics... but here is a video of my B. albopilosum molting... :D

Avri (Avicularia avicularia) 2 days post molt (she came out of enclo on her own!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Cookie17

And my A. geniculata (brazillian white knee) "Anna" (on a PAPER TOWEL so s/he can be seen easily...) BEFORE s/he molted
    [​IMG]

Bugs, my oldest sister's dwarf bunny
    [​IMG]

13. LittleLeopard

LittleLeopard New Member

Gahh!! Spider is very scary (and i'm not usualy scard of spiders) lol. Sorry to here your geckos had a rough up. It happend with mine for a bit, both where girls though and eventualy managed to live to gether, after cleaning 0ut the tank to rid the sent of both of them so it was new terrotory.

14. Cookie17

Which spider are you calling scary??? lol. Yeah my leos are sweet to me though haha.

15. Cookie17

So both my original 2 leopard geckos are female (finally reached a sex-able age) and I got another leopard gecko two days ago that I believe is a male
    First up is a close up of Saphira, my oldest girl:
    [​IMG]

And Mercy:
    [​IMG]

"I'm sexy and I know it" (Saphira)
    [​IMG]

Saphira trying to make her great escape from the warm soak
    [​IMG]

"I'm a GIRL, mommy!" (Saphira)
    [​IMG]

My new baby (boy?)
    [​IMG]

what a happy baby! haha
    [​IMG]

"GET...OUT...!!!" E. pachypus
    [​IMG]

"wanna hug?"
    [​IMG]

E. pachypus color
    [​IMG]

A. metallica enjoying a B. dubia roach
    [​IMG]

Male or female?
    [​IMG]

thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed!

StikyPaws312 and lizardgurl87 like this.
  16. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

nice pics! I would had to say male, but the pic isn't that great.

17. Cookie17

yeah i know it isn't a great picture, but looks about 99% male in person haha
    and thanks!

18. dogking

Are you going to breed them when they get older?

19. Cookie17

I plan on it, it'll be several more months though. I only want to breed once for the experience, and to decide if i want to breed as a hobby... and leopard geckos are kind of easier and less expensive to breed than bearded dragons, for the most part anyways XD I know the first time I probably won't make any profit, but if i decide to do it again, then i might start making profit. although i won't be doing it for money anyways, i'd be doing it for a hobby, not a business... do you know any great incubator building how-to's?

20. dogking

That sounds cool! I don't know of any how-to's, but Jeff has told me about turning a cooler or mini fridge into an incubator. Maybe he can help you.

21. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Nice animals!

Love all the T's, and the close ups of the leo's heads... I have always thought leo's have the most amazing eyes.

22. Cookie17

thanks guys :) it's nice to see nice things being said about me and to me after being chewed out on facebook for stating my opinion...
    okay, if someone said this:
    Hello I'm new to keeping beardies. I have three at the moment. All are orange and one is a Leatherback. My male is a German Giant.. I've bred them so far two clutches of eggs one whole clutch went bad and the first clutch all went bad but 9. They should be hatching soon. So I still gotta lot to learn about them.
    what would you say?
    someone posted this, not me, and i gave my opinion by saying i thought it was irresponsible

23. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

I dunno... but you have more experience with beardies than I do!

24. Cookie17

well not just for beardies, but for any animal... and i don't have any beardies, currently

25. mr_andrew

mr_andrew Member

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your post, I thought that you posted that on facebook.