Corn eating habits

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by Lily, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Lily

Lily Embryo

Hi- I recently aquired an albino corn. It's pretty young, not yet full grown. He was found outdoors in Ohio, so he was probably an escapee. He ate the first week, then skipped the second (but then he shed, so no worries). I feed him live fuzzies. When I fed him the other day, he behaved strangely. He nosed around the fuzzy a little, then attempted to eat it from the side, while it was alive! He eventually got it down, but I'm concerned that someday he won't. I'm going to start feeding dead fuzzies, so that I don't have to worry about him killing them, but whats up with him trying to eat from the side? Anything I can do? Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. adam2373

adam2373 Member

lol no there is nothing you can do. when he gets bigger he'll learn to go head first.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Markey

Markey New Member

Markey has done this a few times. He will move down til' he gets the mouse at the correct end. I just make sure that my son is dangling the dead but warmed mouse from the tail end so that when Markey strikes it, he gets it in the right position.