Corn Snake Baths

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by Lexxicos, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Lexxicos

Lexxicos New Member

I was just wondering how one would give their snake a bath? Would it simply be as one would think? Let him/her simply slip around through some water at room temperature? Would I need to purify the water or could I use tap? Thanks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Ed_r

Ed_r Member

Why the need for a bath? snakes really don't need baths, thats why they shed. Of course if they mess themselves, you can put them in a small tub with 80-85 degree water. if its a little stinky, you can use like a baby soap or baby shampoo in the water to help clean it up a bit.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Cant tell you much more than Ed already has.... but be careful of the water temps. What is barely warm to us may be scalding hot to the snake!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. TommyD.

TommyD. New Member

Baths are good for snakes that haven't fully shed. Also if your having problems with it not going then you can put them in the tub and they will usally go. As far as cleaning snakes do it their self as Ed said. But alot of people who have corn snakes smell the musk that they put off and think they stink or are dirty. That's a defense agaist predators and they do that when they are scared especially young corns. Hope this helps.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Rubiks

Rubiks Embryo

Can't say much more than what's already been said.. just thought I would add that you should watch how your snake reacts; if it's stressing him out, don't do it. My own corn goes beserk when he is put in water, so I don't bother even trying. However, I know of people with corns who seem to enjoy it - or at least, they don't object to it. They'll cruise around in the tub looking happy as a clam. It all depends on the snake's personality - just use your common sense, I guess is what I'm saying :roll: