Corn Snake

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by asiandude, Aug 3, 2008.

1. asiandude

asiandude New Member

So I'm looking thought some website for a good selection of corn snake and found one that might look good.

I plan to order it online when the money is transfer (end of this week)....I really like a blizzard..but then turn to reverse okeetee. The high white reverse okeetee look dam good but they don't seem to have any.

Can I put a baby corn in a 40 breeder? would i need alot of hides for it? I don't want to put it in a smaller one and then upgrade from it...

First time getting a corn so help me out.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. innerdemons666

innerdemons666 New Member

I think so,a 20L is good for a single adult corn. :)
    Don't forget to provide a water dish,cause they like to soak in it before they shed their skin

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. asiandude

asiandude New Member

Sound good

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. qpJESTERqp

qpJESTERqp Embryo

if you get a 40 breeder put alot of hides in it, the open spaces might freak it out since it is a baby... But yea a 40 gal will be really good for when it grows up and wants some more space.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. asiandude

asiandude New Member

Going to order a corn snake this week.....

I heard story about mites and want to be safe then sorry...so when it arrive can i spray it down first with zoo med mite off then put it in the cage.

I dont want to deal with mite.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. qpJESTERqp

qpJESTERqp Embryo

mite off usually comes in a rub type thing I blieve, but yea you can do that if you want to, better safe then sorry, and goodluck with your snake bro.

12. asiandude

asiandude New Member

Thanks, That is what I well do when it arrive..spray it down ..hoping to get a reverse okeetee..and he post pics of them..I even seen a high white RO in the pics so I hope i be lucky to own one..

13. asiandude

asiandude New Member

okay I have a 40 breede critter cage with a scfeen top that slide in and out...if i use a thermostat with a probe...the cord goes inside the cage and would leave gaps between the closing....

has anyone encounter this problem...or has one like mine..

14. qpJESTERqp

qpJESTERqp Embryo

if your probe is casuing problems like this you can just put the whole therm in the viv, they make window suction cups that you can hook your viv on, maybe you should look into investing some of those for your viv.

hope I helped.

15. asiandude

asiandude New Member

ya..but if you put the whole thing in..you still have to supply it with power from outside which mean the wire has to go out...

For my leo cage..the screen top cover the wire and bend into it...locking in place with screen clip..it was easy..

But this critter cage..slide out so it's tricky. i can't bend the wire at the end b/c that extra pressure would bend the locking on the end and break it...

There is a bend on the lower side of the screen which might fit perfectly for the wire....well see

16. qpJESTERqp

qpJESTERqp Embryo

the therm I have uses a battery thats why I assumed you were using one like that, no outside power required for mine. hope that little bend works for you.

17. asiandude

asiandude New Member

It's the most popular thermostat out there: THE Repti 500R Thermostat.......

18. asiandude

asiandude New Member

Hey everyone...just got my corn today...

It's a male!! It came in this morning and i took it out of the cup/dish and he didn't even bite me at all. I was scare at first to hold it and put it in the tank.

Hope to put up pics if anyone like..

19. dagreek514

dagreek514 Embryo

hey i was wondering wat should i do if i just realized my corns have mites there 3 babys hatched this summer wat should i doo to save them cuz one hasnt eaten for weeks im woried

20. asiandude

asiandude New Member

im not a expert on this..but you might want to separate them and use paper towel. Buy those spray at a pet store that kills mites and use it.

As for eaten....wat kind are u using?

21. MimC

MimC Moderator

Provent-A-Mite is one of the best mite treatments. You should soak the snake to get the mites off of his body...then take all the decorations out of the cage - spray the cage down as directed on the bottle. Soak any cage furniture in a bleach solution and treat with the spray (make sure you allow the furniture to dry out for a day before returning to the cage - you may want to get two sets of cage furniture, so you can use one while the other is being treated). House the snake on paper towels during the cleaning process as they can be changed easily.

The treatment will need to be repeated monthly for 2-3 months.

Never use any products to treat the animal directly.

Asiandude - What type of corn did you end up getting?