Crestie questions

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by MrFrigels, Sep 11, 2004.

1. MrFrigels

MrFrigels Embryo

Hey, I am new to the reptile world and have a few questions about my Crested Gecko(who is rather awsome). The frist week or so was pretty tough, but I got most of it under control now.
    I stay up pretty late and need my light on. How will that effect him? Im also having problems keeping the humidity up in the cage, im misting about least 6-7 times a day witch seems like a lot.
    Thats about all I can think of right now, but Im sure Ill be back.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Well first off, misting 6-7 times a day is ok but unnessesary unless where you live has extremely low humidity and are using a screen cage, or you are only very lightly misting. And as for the light, mine doesn't seem to be affected much other than not eating and being less active during this time. It depends on what you mean by light really, If you mean the whole room lights up and his pupils become very small than this is kinda bad for a long time and it will keep him from eating and being as active. But if your just talking about say, a low wattage reading light, it shouldn't bother him much.
    And what is the humidity in his cage?
    Hope this helps some, feel free to post any more questions