Crocodile skinks

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by leon_kuyo, Sep 17, 2011.

1. savannah_az

savannah_az New Member

I've heard (but. Ever actually looked up) that foggers can create respitory issues. What did you do diet wise?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. savannah_az

savannah_az New Member

I picked up a pair last Saturday and a local rep expo, and I haven't had any luck getting them to eat yet. I figure that it will take them some time to adjust but it's going on a week since they've eaten. Anyone had any tips or tricks you guys used to get them to eat? Did you feed then in their enclosure or take them out into a separate structure like you would with a snake?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Deac77

Deac77 New Member

Try underground reptiles or albino nile I've had good luck with them both and I am getting a croc skunk fairly soon from one of those two avoid lll reptiles to many horror stories from mates that had badly shipped herps from them

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. canadianforever

canadianforever Embryo

i know iam bringing up an old thread but I was doing research on these guys and I came across this thread and its what made me join the fourm but savannah_az what are dementions of your tank? and how deep is your pond? do your skinks swim in it much and climb the vines and such?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Maria_California

Maria_California Embryo

Hi - I know you were posing your question to someone else, but I just wanted to let you know that the male and female skink pair we have live in a 40-gallon terrarium with a screen lid. We have a cake pan filled with red river rocks so it's not too deep when they swim, plus we have a pond filter in it that creates a constant waterfall to circulate the water. They swim several times a day, then we have several hides in there for them, which they like. They climb on those and sometimes climb on the big bendy vine we have in there too.