Crocodilian Section

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Questions' started by Klaos, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Klaos

Klaos New Member

What about a section for Crocodilians?
    Yea I think that would be a good idea.
    A section for tarantulas and scorpions
    And a section for crocodilians.

K L A O S

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

I don't think there's too many people here who keep crocodilians, so I don't think thre's real justification for creating a new area yet.

But, if croc/gator/caimen owners wan't to speak out, then speak :(

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Klaos

Klaos New Member

I mean even discussing them would be awesome you know us in Florida come in contact with them alot.
    My neighbor had one he found during a hurricane.
    Yeaya!

K L A O S

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Those in Florida have the Florida forum :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

I was think the same thing but you could just talk about them in the General Chat.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Lizard_lard

Lizard_lard New Member

I think if there was a croc forum it would make people want them which i think is a bad idea.

12. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. I think if you want Crocs then you better have been keeping herps for a long time. Or have a VERY expreienced person to guide you. But still keeping them is a BAD idea.

13. 8ball_69

8ball_69 Embryo

I think it would be a good idea for a crocodilian section I own a american alligator :D , but it might make people want them and I wouldn't want anyone who can't keep one to buy one cause too many people let them loose when they grow bigger. I think a section for arachnid's would be good though cause I own some tarantulas and scorpion's, but i guess that's what arachnoboards is for?

14. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

Honestly is there anyone who doesnt want an alligator (very few) how would a forum for them make people want them anymore

15. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

Snake_God_666, you would be surprised. People come on these forums and get obsessed. I have seen several newbies who start posting, and in a few months suddenly have 5 geckos, or snakes, or what ever...just because they are having a good time with the whole reptile culture thing. Then they slowly disappear from the forum, and I always wonder if their interest in the multitude of reptiles they just acquired has dissipated also. Honestly, I see this all the time. I do believe that a croc forum would just make those who are not capable of keeping them realize that it is a possibility.

Besides there is like 2-4 people on this site who have crocs, that would be a very sad and lonely room! There are many more species of reptile that are more popular than crocs that do not have their own room yet either. Demand is a major factor in this. Empty rooms just make the site disorganized, and organization and proper monitoring are what make this site amazing.

16. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

i agree it would be a very boring forum heh......but as far as making people want one heh they sell them at pet shps all they gotta do is walk in and see it...... and this is the only upside to a pet store they are a rip off plain and simple heh atleast they make people shuck out some cash... cause if i paid alot for something he is gonna live his whole life (estimated life)

17. nikki4187

nikki4187 New Member

I have an alligator, i was looking on this site for a forum for it also. I have a crested gecko, kingsnake, red eared slider, iguana, and bearded dragon and my bf and i love taking care of them. i dont think that seeing a forum about alligators or crocodilians will make people want them, we wanted one because we were huge fans of steve irwin and we watched his show religiously, so anyone who watches animal planet might want one from watching that channel. good hings to post in a crocodilian forum would be to not let them go if they get to big and a care sheet, and options that you have if you dont want it nymore. my bf and i want to open a herpetarium some day, thats why we ar aquiering so many reptiles. but we have always said, if the gator gets too big for us to handle and we dont have a herpetarium or zoo yet then we will donate it to the zoo because our zoo does not have one. that would be a great option for people. I think for those that do have crocodilians, they will still need somewhere to post their questions and get information. I also think that some people might be swayed against getting crocodilians as with any other animals or reptiles due to some people's posts. they are hard to take care of, but those that are willing will know how and those that have will know how to maintain. This site isnt just for people located in one place, this site is worldwide and dont you think there are more than 2-4 people who have crocodilians, i know at least 10 people that have them in my general viscinity. so i dont think it is a far fetched idea to have a crocodilian forum, i think it is a great idea, especially for education purposes!

18. Cavemanpets

Cavemanpets Well-Known Member

Problem with that zoo idea Nikki4187 is that most zoo's wont take animals from private donors... you would probably have to hunt down a sanctuary and most cities dont have one of those... specially one that will take a croc.. full grown or not... a herpetarium sounds cool though... it'd be interesting to see... let me know if you do open one.. id love to help out or at least see it!

19. nikki4187

nikki4187 New Member

It will be a few years before we open a herpetarium, but we will defanitely want one and will need all the help we can get. thanx!