Custom Snake Wristbands for Charity

Discussion in 'Reptile Classifieds' started by Cynicallia, Mar 14, 2012.

?

Your honest opinion..?

1. I'm awesome, I already bought one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I can't decide which species I want.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No way! I support petard and the hsus. USARK is bad! i r reeportin dis site111!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cynicallia

Cynicallia Embryo

This Journal Entry serves as my queue.

Myself and another artist design and make wristbands out of beads, and the proceeds go to your preferred reptile charity. We're trying to raise funds for USARK, the Burmese Python Initiative, and the effort to abolish and criminalize rattlesnake roundups, but if you have another advocacy group in mind, we can send the donation to any reputable organization or local rescue. For $15.oo USD (Paypal only) you can have a very unique cuff to show your herp pride and know that it wasn't money wasted. My partner, Shane, can make a totally custom design either based off of one of your pets or you can just pick your favorite species. I do the actual crafting, and it only takes me a few days to string it all together. The base price includes flat rate shipping within the continental United States; international orders, insurance, and tracking numbers will be added to your final cost if you require such things. I take pride in my craftsmanship, but free repairs are not a guarantee. In the extremely unlikely situation that your cuff gets damaged, it's the buyer's responsibility to pay for shipping (both ways), my time, and the supplies that are required to fix it. I'm not unreasonable; if all of the important pieces are together and I can handle it without a hassle, the only real charge will be for the shipping. Ask any questions, request any species, and feel free to share this post on other boards. Shane and I are easy to talk to, dedicated to the cause, and (thus far) only have positive feedback regarding our art and timeliness. For the curious, I also do non-reptile beadwork, and Shane does non-bead reptile art as commissions.

Thanks a bunch for reading!

<3 Cyn

Examples: [Boa Constrictor and Blood Python*] [Blood Python #2*] [Custom Boa Constrictors*] [Emerald Tree Boa #1*] [Emerald Tree Boa #2*][Diamondback Rattlesnake*] [Ball Python*] [Burmese Python*] [Eastern Milksnake*]
    *Sold
    *Available to bid/buy
    *Coming Soon (work in progress or image not yet submitted)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

That's very cool. Very neat bead-work! Just out of curiosity, is there any way to show that you are actually donating to USARK?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cynicallia

Cynicallia Embryo

You can E-mail them and ask. The money gets sent from Shane's Paypal, YodelDog@live. $10.oo goes to the charity, the other $5.oo pays for my supplies and shipping. We don't make any profit from these, which is why I mention (in my journal) that we do accept tips. Our snakes and lizards need to eat, too.

<3 Cyn

EDIT (17th March, 2o12):
    Shane sent me an E-mail tonight to let me know BPI sent him some wrist bands to thank us for our efforts. You can also feel free to contact them to verify that they are receiving our donations.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Cynicallia

Cynicallia Embryo