Cute, updated photos of my girl, Jolie...:) (& a poop ?)

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by cegninedorf, Jan 4, 2007.

1. cegninedorf

cegninedorf New Member

Hey, y'all...

Occasionally I post a question or photos of my girl, Jolie, who is now about 5 months old...how time does fly! :) She's been a good girl, eating her salads and loving her crickets, and growing growing growing! She seems to almost always be in some stage of constant shed; usually after all of the shedding is done, we have a week or two off, and boom -- there starts the tail, looking glazed all over again...it's just like keeping up with a baby and clothing sizes! Oy! :) No matter, it's been fun to watch her grow...:)

Oh, let me ask this, though: do your dragons poop what seems to be a monstrous amount of poop? And, when they start to eat fewer crickets, does it ever start to smell at least one iota better??? Oh, god -- I'm ready to diaper that girl with how nasty it smells! (Would it be a bad idea to baby powder her bottom??? I'm *kidding*!!!)

Ok, to the photos! :)

Jolie seems to like hanging out in my plants, absorbing some sun...lucky girl...:)
    [​IMG]

Jolie in the plants, with my cat Voxie watching over her...:)
    [​IMG]

Jolie, looking out the window, sitting on my edelweiss handkerchief because she's pooped on me now, twice, and I wanted to prevent that from happening again...:(
    [​IMG]

Strasti -- Voxie's brother -- and Jolie giving each other a bit of a sniff under my watchful eye...:) (And right before she climbed up to my shoulder and promptly pooped on me!)
    [​IMG]

Jolie just being her lovely self...:)
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking! :)
    ~Christina & Jolie

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tyler14

Tyler14 New Member

your dragon has some cool colors, have the cats ever tried to attack her?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. kephy

kephy Moderator

Jolie looks great! I don't know how to answer the poop question. Yes, it does sometimes seem to be pretty large, and it always smells bad IMO.

I can't speak for Christina's cat, but my cat is awesome with my smaller pets, and he always has been. I know a lot of cat's are untrustworthy, and I wouldn't approve of leaving any cat unsupervised, but I do believe there are cats who can be very good around smaller animals. Cats have a bad reputation, but there are good ones. My cat has been near beardies, geckos, a snake, a chameleon, ferrets, and even a hamster, with no incident. He even jumped INTO my beardies cage one time when I had my back turned, but he was only interested in getting under the heat lamp! :( My beardie wasn't even worried, he was just like, "Oh the cat again :roll: "

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Drache613

Drache613 Well-Known Member

Hello

Hello Christina,
    Those are very cute pics of Jolie, she has grown alot!!
    Normally when they eat that much protein, their poop is fairly smelly just because of the higher nitrogen excretion. Once they start to eat less protein & more greens, the smell should decrease a bit. No diapers just yet!! Oh you can get some wet ones & wipe her little hiney! Then, she will be clean for sure. :(

Tracie

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. RobertII

RobertII Well-Known Member

RE: Hello

Nice Pics!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. corey

corey Well-Known Member

RE: Hello

Hello,

Awesome beardie! I wish I had a beardie with that color! Thanks for sharing!

Corey

12. cegninedorf

cegninedorf New Member

Thanks -- Jolie is definitely a pretty, feisty girl, and I do like her orangey coloring...:D

The cats haven't tried to attack her...yet. They're curious about her and will sit by her tank when I'm there to watch (though I also think that that has more to do with trying to get my attention!). Then again, I think that they're more fascinated with watching the crickets hopping around during feeding time! :D Jolie doesn't seem to be scared of them, either...she'll occasionally make the faintest type of hiss, but that's about it. However, I watch them at all times...my three cats (Aleph, not pictured) do have all of their claws, and while Jolie may have claws, as well, I don't want to take a risk for any involved of any kind of injury. They really seem to care less, though, because Jolie doesn't smell interesting enough. :D

And, I figured that the protein had to be the culprit in the stinky poos...I remembered hearing about bodybuilders who take protein supplements having absolutely noxious smelling bodily functions...:D

13. RobertII

"And, I figured that the protein had to be the culprit in the stinky poos...I remembered hearing about bodybuilders who take protein supplements having absolutely noxious smelling bodily functions...:p"
    I am no body builder by any means but I am bulking up and training to be a firefighter. I got to be in shape for my Physicals and tests!
    I take Whey Protien and it does that.

14. cegninedorf

cegninedorf New Member

Yeah...and how does your significant other feel about that??? :shock:

Kidding, kidding!!! :p

15. RobertII

She yells !!!FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!