CWD Bigg problem

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by stan718, Oct 3, 2009.

1. stan718

stan718 Embryo

Hey guys this is a short notice kinda thing.
    So I have a WD for about a month, id say he or she is about 5 months old. Last night my WD was fine and active, i fed it on my shoulder. Today i wake up in the morning and he is in his water pool. (water does not cover his entire body) And i notice he hasnt moved for about a hour....so i pick him up from underneath, and his front legs start pushing, but his BACK LEGGS wouldnt move. I placed him on a log under my basking light and he crawled a little bit using only his front legs, and wont even move his back leggs...
    Can anyone throw me some advice? id really have to (WORD REMOVED) lose this guy. Been enjoyin his company since i got em awsome lizard.

His colors are still vibrant, he is breathing normally...he looks around always

but why wont his back legs move ugh...

please someone help

POST EDITED.
    PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A FAMILY FORUM.

Implied swear words are tolerated here.
    Consider this as a warning, any further use of such words MAY result in you being banned.
    Thank you

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. bruno

bruno Moderator

Hi,
    It could be many things.
    We need to know a lot more about your setup.
    Size of tank.
    Lighting
    Heating
    Substrate
    Temperatures
    what are they and how are they measured, type of thermometer (this is important) can make a big difference to readings.
    What food is it eating and how much.

My initial thoughts are impacted, ( eating substrate and guts clogged up) or parasites, these 2 things are usually the main cause but there can be others.
    If it came from a petstore the chances are it's a wild caught and these can suffer alsorts of problems that dont surface till they have been in their own tank for some time.
    If you give as much details on your setup as you can the better we will be able to help you.
    Would also be a good idea to search out your nearest herp vet. I suspect you will need one.