CWD wont eat :(

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Feircedsm, May 31, 2006.

1. John_WaterDragon

John_WaterDragon New Member

what should I do about substrate as i belive it's coming in on that?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Feircedsm

Feircedsm New Member

I never used that substrate again. I had this wood substrate almost like mulch and I suggest to just use reptile carpet or shelf liner. Anything similar to that but try and stay away from anything natural looking like dirt or sand. Just take your waterdragon out right now and take the enclsure outside and just fill it up with water. Then put two capfulls of bleech in it and let it sit for a few hours to soak . Then just take the furniture out and throw away the substrate. Thats what i did and i never had a mite problem again.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. John_WaterDragon

Its a wooden viv.. so will the same washing rules apply..It'll need to be tomorow before i can get to the shop and buy a reptile carpet. Can anyone tell me just how i use it? Thanks everyone who is helping ;)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Feircedsm

Feircedsm New Member

Reptile carpet is easy. Just buy it and buy as much as u need to fill up the bottom of the enclosure. I know some people who clip it to the side so there dragon has some soft sides and can hold on to it if needed. If its a wooden cage that has a finish on it which means its shiny and smooth and somewhat water resistant just get a bottle with 5% bleech and water solution and just spray till everything has a little bit of the solution on it. Then just let it air out and dry. Don't wipe it though because bleech will evaporate faster than water. So just let it sit for a while. Go back and spray it a little bit and for the last few hours of daylight just let it sit and nothing else. In the meantime you can let your waterdragon roam around.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. John_WaterDragon

Thanks everyone I did exactly as you said. No more of the little mite things :D I used "T-Rex"'s version of bed a beast and I like it :) I'll try not to hi-jack this thread so I will post the new set up pics in Gary's thread soon.