Dagger

Discussion in 'Boas' started by Daggerlover, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Daggerlover

Daggerlover Well-Known Member

Hi All, here's our common columbian boa, Dagger.
    (Don't mind the condition of the bath tub, the previous owners painted it and all the paint is peeling off :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My question is... We've been noticing that his skin - 'scales' are dented/folded. I thought this was a sign of dehydration, but we always have fresh water in his terrarium and mist him 1-2 times per day. Terrarium is always cleaned when soiled etc.
    I know he'll spend a good long while curled up sleeping, then every few days he'll cruise around his terrarium. It's almost as though he's dented his scales where he likes to curve his body to curl up into a ball.

Anyway. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. slackin

slackin Member

I'm pretty sure it's normal. Mine is the same way. It's from sitting so long in one place, they just become creased. I wouldn't be concerned. Nice lookin boa! Take care!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

its usually a sine of low humidity rather and just dehydration. if you do not have a humidistat yet get on so you know what yer sitting at.

boas should be in the 50-60% humidity range. It dosnet tank much less than that to get the bent scale condition going, many of my snake have that and it dosent seem to effect them at all just be sure that its shedding in one peice. flakey sheds means WAY too low humidity.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Daggerlover

Daggerlover Well-Known Member

He is definitely shedding all in one piece, so I'm not worried.
    Thanks.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

its kind of like bed sores or creases if you get a big belly, my JCP has those too.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. BIGKEITH72

BIGKEITH72 Embryo

Nice Snake,Looks very healthy