deformed baby snapper....!

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by salvadorian, May 20, 2009.

1. salvadorian

salvadorian New Member

So, I was out at a local quarry looking for tadpoles for my deformed froggie compitition, when I found a little baby snapping turtle!
    Now, if you don't know, a quarry is a toxic, blueish hole in the ground tainted with radiation and waste. It also is a staple swimming area for those of us who live here in Bloomington, Indiana (have you ever seen Breaking Away?
    I was looking for tadpoles for a deformed froggie compitition because my friends and I decided that we would raise tadpoles out of quarries that we chose, and that the quarries must all be seperate, and then whoever's frog is most messed up after growing up wins. I couldn't find any tadpoles, but I think in a couple of weeks, there will be bullfrog tadpoles.. serious 30th generation mutants!

Anyways, I found a baby snapper floating in the water. It doesn't have any toes and pretty much doesn't have a bottom portion of its shell. I know how snapping turtles are normally built, having worked for wildcare, inc. for years, and this turtle is messed up.

So... basically, I was hoping for someone to tell me what to do with the little guy? Should I release him in to cleaner water? Should I keep him and build him a pond in the near future? What do I do?!?!

By the way, I named it Stinky McBowser.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

well..... i'll start by asking you why you are doing the contest in the first place. it sound horrible! but i don't know what to do with the turtle. it sounds like you should just let it go enjoy the days it has left.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Golgo13

Golgo13 New Member

I agree. Let it go and let it enjoy the rest of it's most likely short life...FREE.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Rick78

Rick78 New Member

Please post a pic.