Desperate Need of Help

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by doubleaxle, Sep 10, 2010.

1. doubleaxle

doubleaxle Embryo

My water dragon has been acting weird the last couple days. I dust his crickets, i have a uvb florescent bult, 100W basking bulb and a 75w spot light bulb. terrarium is 4 ft high, 4 feet long, 2 1/2 ft wide, basking temp is 90 F overall tank temp is roughly 82-86 F. right now on 10 1/2 hour cycle (daytime).
    My water dragon's behaviour has changed drastically. whenever he tries to move, he runs around swinging his head as if he has some shedding on his face, but there is none at all. it has gotten to the point where i cannot even handle him now because it seems like he cant control himself. Even if i were to feed him he cant stop his head to even try to eat. and the closest reptile vet from us is 1 1/2 hours away i dont know if i could stress him out even more than what he is. he still has his beautiful green but something is terribly wrong.
    i dont believe he has MBD because his jaw still seems firm and he has no unusual bumbs on him, no broken bones.
    any advice/info would be greatly appreciated, he is part of our family and i want the best for him,
    Thnx

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. doubleaxle

doubleaxle Embryo

around 530 this morning, Iggy, the CWD i had posted about, has passed away. his vet was scheduled to see him at 7 this morning, but Iggy couldn't make it. He tried though , that tough son of a gun. anyway thanks anyways out there, this wont stop us from owning more, just makes us want to try harder to make it right next time
    heres a pic of our beautiful iggy :) R.I.P. Buddy

http://www.reptilerooms.com/forums/index.p...post&id=785

Attached Files:

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Poor little iggy :)

Do you think whatever could have been wrong with Iggy could be wrong with you WD? Could you keep that vet appointment and bring your WD instead?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. doubleaxle

doubleaxle Embryo

Did u not read the second reply from us he passed away. We are not bringing him to the vet anymore. Don't put dumb reply's if u don't no what ur talking about . I'm not being mean . Just how can u say that even though it says he passed...... We know why he passed now .

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I'm sorry but I had misread your posts, I thought that "Iggy" was one reptile and your water dragon was a different reptile. Which you can infer from my response about how I was sorry Iggy had passed and then trying to help with your water dragon (obviously not knowing that they were the same reptile).

It was not a "dumb" response and you don't have to be rude, I was trying to help by noting that (thinking you had an iguana AND a water dragon, not knowing it was a water dragon named Iggy) if there was something wrong with one reptile and that reptile passed away from it that you might be able to bring your other reptile (the WD) in to the vet as well and bring your dead "Iggy" in for a necroscopy to hopefully help figure out what is wrong with your water dragon.

I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you luck with your next water dragon.