Do water dragons see differently?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by goodiegodess, Oct 4, 2005.

1. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

I was just wondering if Chinese Water Dragons see differently then like normal? Do they see heat sences or do they see some other weird way, please tell me? Thanks :?: :?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Nibbler_s_revenge_

Nibbler_s_revenge_ New Member

Hiya. Just wanted to state that water dragons eyes actually see more hues of colour than our eyes are even capable of seein. We see primary colours and mixtures of those. A water dragon can see millions more. They will see something that we see as green as another colour entirely. They can also see ultra violet light in it's true colour which our eyes cannot detect.
    Another interesting fact is that they hear in higher frequencies than we do just like a dog. Chameleons only hear in tones, and snakes hear vibrations, as the vibration moves the air in aprt of their skull which transmits to their brain to let them know of a sound. Salamaders and newts use their lungs to hear, so vibrations that hit the lungs transmit to the brain so that they know something has made a sound.
    And again off topic: lizards will watch tv if it is something they are interested in as well. Lizards are truly amazing creatures!! ;):):)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. scottandhisdragons-)

scottandhisdragons-) New Member

I was under the impression that all lizards can`t see red light. I thought that was why they sell red heat bulbs as night lights because if they cant see the light emmited from the bulb then they sleep more naturally.

But it sounds like you know what your talking about so i was probably mis-informed. Again lol

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Nibbler_s_revenge_

Well I got my information from this website that scientists have put their test results on...I can send you the page if you like. It is an interesting read. I didn't mention infra red light, and no they cannot recognise it, but they can recognise everything else. and more. You weren't mis informed don't worry! :(

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

I know beardies are effected by red lights are night as well as igs.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Nibbler_s_revenge_

Sorry I meant water dragons, ;)

12. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

Whoa thats really awesome! i always thought most animals see in black and white and shades of grey( or gray im not sure).... but to see in hundreds of diffferent colours.. :shock:

13. Nibbler_s_revenge_

pythons are supposed to see in black and white, some devlop fussy eating habits ie refusing to eat white rats. It is only really dogs as well that see in black and white as far as I know.

14. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

So your saying that waterdragons don't see like us, instead they see stuff in like um... EXTREMELY HIGH TECH VISION. I just don't get what you saying.

15. shortygirl

shortygirl Well-Known Member

To put it simply, in some ways WD's do see like us (they CAN see color - mine HATES red, I can't wear anything red when I take him out or he'll throw a tantrum, lol) but they can also "see" heat. Ali, look on top of Stitch's head, you'll see a little "dot" there. That's his 3rd eye...it helps him regulate temps, like a thermometer. It's actually pretty cool.

~Michelle

16. goodiegodess

goodiegodess Member

OKAY, thanks