Draco (my snake)...loose in my house...HELP!

Discussion in 'Other Colubrids' started by Criminally_Insane9, May 20, 2003.

1. Criminally_Insane9

Criminally_Insane9 Embryo

Hey, everybody! :) My name's Jessica, I'm 14, and I live in Florida....

I have a pretty huge problem. Last year in December, my parents bought me a red albino corn snake for Christmas. He's grown to about a foot long now.

Well, I went to feed him on Sunday, and his cage was open!! ;) And yes, he was gone. I've searched my whole room, grandma's room, and most of the rest of my house. I've run out of ideas, but I don't want to give up trying to find him yet!

Please, please help me, somebody!! If this has happened to someone before, or if they have any suggestions on how to get him out from whever he's hiding, I'm definitely open to listening.

Thanks a lot, and may the force be with you all...

-Jessica, a.k.a. Waffle Butt

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. natashaccollins

natashaccollins Member

I have had lots of snakes and lizards got loose on me and I have always found them (well all but one). The snakes always end up in the washing machine, video player and other electrics, the garden shed, the boiler room. Really anywhere that they can squeeze into that is dark and warm. If you have floor boards in any room the best thing to do is to leave a mice out for it, but not too long otherwise you get flies and it really starts to smell. Some snakes go missing for months and just turn up when you least expect. Also look up alwell as they can climb. When you do find it make sure that the tank is secure as they can remeber how they got out and they can do it 10 times faster. I hope this helps you and good luck.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. sapphire_moon

sapphire_moon Embryo

put flour around the walls that is where they generally stay. Put a heating pad on the floor with a food prey near heating pad and a hiding spot close by.