Drunk Dragon

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Spanky5018769, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Spanky5018769

Spanky5018769 New Member

I'll preface this thread with the fact that I'm posting as a referance only. I know what's bad for WD's, and I know how to care for them exceptionally well. That being said:
    I had a friend over the other day and he wanted to handle my Chloe (recently found out Chloe is a male), in the process of getting him out of the cage, my friend spilled some beer in the enclosure (yes I cleaned out the entire cage). What happened next shocked the hell out of me, Bandit (my other male) started drinking from the puddle of beer!! I managed to pick him up before got too much in him (any amount is too much, I know). He spent the next five minutes in a drunken stupor before returning to his usual paranoid self. Three days later and Bandit is showing no signs of declining health, or changes in behaviour. I called my vet and he said not to let it happen again, but that Bandit will be no worse for the wear. Anybody have a similar occurance?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ozzieleo246

ozzieleo246 Embryo

my cousins dog got drunk that way once. i thot it was really funny

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. shortygirl

shortygirl Well-Known Member

Wow, that must have scared the daylights out of you; glad to here your boy is alright. I don't have a "drinking experiance" with my CWD's...but...

My old BF was into pot & thought my beardies enclosure would be ideal to grow a little plant. It went well for a while...until Spike decided that the plant was part of his salad & ate it! LOL Needless to say, he had the munchies & finished the rest of his salad (which he was never fond of until then). Since then, I actually haven't had an issue getting him to eat his greens, lol.