Dumerils finally popped!!

Discussion in 'Boas' started by iLLwiLL, Jun 16, 2006.

1. dreyer1

dreyer1 New Member

ok but how thick will a male get? i dont want a skinny snake but i dont want a very thick snake either lol.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

if you end up getting one of my babies, i'll show you my pair. my male is a beast . . . there kinda inbetween a normal BCI and a blood python (girth wise). very nicely proportioned snakes IMO.

~Will.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ssscales

ssscales Member

Like Will mentioned, most adult males are a little thicker than a soda can. And females are about as thick as a 2ltr bottle of soda. Of course there are exceptions, but that should give you an idea.

Dumerils are great snakes and you will not be disappointed if you got one. There are a different boa than your average run of the mill BCI you find in every pet shop. The key is to buy one that is established and always buy from the breeder direct! Someone who knows the parents well, breeding, temperament, feeding, etc. etc.

IMO, it's always better to buy from someone who has put the work in raising, maintaining, breeding and establishing neos Vs someone who just bought a whole lot for resale.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. dreyer1

dreyer1 New Member

well coke cans aren't that big so its not a very thick snake.. i guess ill still think about it because hogs and dums are both beautiful snakes.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dreyer1

dreyer1 New Member

ok ssscales i looked at your website your male dums look bigger then 6 feet dude... and look to heavy for me because im only 14.....

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. ssscales

ssscales Member

LOL...trust me the males were not 6ft. Both my males were between 5ft-5.5ft and three of my females were between 6ft-6.5ft. My males weighed between 6-10lbs and my females weighed between 18lbs-25lbs.

12. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

and my male is bigger than my female, and is thicker than a soda can. i think the pics dreyer was looking at is the pics of the gravid female that looks like she swallowed a football. my girl looked like that too, and now she's a deflated baloon . . . but what a feeding response she has after all that!

~Will.

13. dreyer1

dreyer1 New Member

can i see a pic of your male that best shows his size will?