eastern box turtle

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by ssshane, Oct 16, 2004.

1. ssshane

ssshane Embryo

i bought the soil, bark, and moss from the pet store.now i have many pin head crickets in the inclosure. i have since caught an eastern fence lizard to help out with the problem. will the lizard live all winter off of the crickets? given they last all winter. my other question is can i release plenty of earthworms into the tank? since my tortoise's fav food z worms and seedless white grapes.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. elfomatic

elfomatic Embryo

?? I'm not sure I follow your post. It is titled Eastern Box Turtle but you are asking ques. about a fence lizard? And now you are mentioning a tortoise .. Could you clarify please?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

what problem was there exactly that the lizard is supposed to help with? Crickets will only live a few weeks, maybe, depending on their size at the time of capture. You'll need to buy them throughout the year to feed the lizard. What are the earthworms for? These three animals should NOT be housed together if that's what you are saying. Very confused here. :roll:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ssshane

ssshane Embryo

i put the lizard in to eat the crickets. they have been alive for 3 weeks already. what can i put in there to get rid of them?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

If you mean you put the lizard in a turtle enclosure I'd have to say "Get it out, now". You should never mix species like that. If you want to get rid of the crickets just pick them out and put them outside. Not a real dilemma.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Derek

Derek Member

I have to agree with biochic those are 2 way different species and should not be housed together. A crickets lifespan is around 6 weeks short life so they will not last long