eastern box turtles

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by ssshane, Oct 16, 2004.

1. ssshane

ssshane Embryo

i have an eastern box turtle. since setting up the enclosure, i have had many crickets to be born. this is an indoor enclsure.all substrates bouht from store. i put an eastern fence lizard in to help out. will he make it all winter as long as the crickets hold up? also, my tortoise eats night crawlers and white grapes. can i release worms into the enclosure, and the turtle find them? will the worms live if fed?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

the worms should live if they are fed and you turtle should be able to find the worms to but that means he would have to dig and make the enclosure very messy. how big is the enclosure that you have a lizard in there as well?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. *~Amanda~*

*~Amanda~* Member

surrre, people respond to other posts but not mine! haha its alright, lol

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ssshane

ssshane Embryo

i decided not to put the worms in until feeding time. he makes a big enough mess as is. its their winter home, 4X5. the turtle will have a nice outdoor place this spring

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. reptile_lover01

reptile_lover01 Embryo

Where in NC do you live? I am from Asheboro. I am interested in an eastern box turtle, but I need to read up on them.