eating crix?

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by KARI5274, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

I am not scared of coming here. And just because you have 50+ corns doesn't mean you automatically know more about them. And you having a different opinion doesn't bother me, however it shows your lack of for lack of a better term maturity to debate it because you just say too bad and that you are right because you own more than me. If I was working I could easily go out and buy a ton of a certain species. Does that mean I automatically under some mysterious way gain knowledge of them greater than that of someone who has worked with them for years. I am not saying I am any where an expert with corns, but do know a fair amount with the amount of reading I have done.

Just as a side note they never called themselves an idiot, they said that they think clementine thinks they are an idiot. And to be honest even if they had reffered to themselves as an idiot to call them one is still just plain rude.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. CalasCorns

CalasCorns Member

You know, this is getting pretty old.

I have discussed this with Nanci months ago via email, so this is nothing new.

I've got what, 250 posts here? I've got 4700+ on Cornsnakes.com. I spend way more time over there, than I do here. That website is just as active as this ENTIRE website---and it's just dedicated to corns. Normally I pop in here every few days to see what's going on, and to see if there's a question I can help.

Honestly, I have no idea why I signed up here. But once I did, it became evident to me that most people here only had 1 or 2 corns and really didn't know what was going on. There were no experienced members/breeders that visited this forum, so I figured I'd stick around and try to help.

I've helped out plenty of folks, and at the very least know that they appreciate my experience and knowledge. A very good portion of my posts have been attacked because what I've done and currently do, doesn't jive with the accepted things in books like 'The Cornsnake Manual'. I've tried to explain that there is no 'right' way of doing things, and that you need to learn your snake and go from there.

But I'm tired of wasting my time trying to give advice only to get slammed for 'being a jerk', or 'being mean', etc etc. It's simply not worth my time. I have a full time job, numerous hobbies, and over 50 snakes to care for. I'm not about to keep wasting my time trying to help people out only to get crapped on by people who don't think I'm 'nice' enough or 'tactful'. I simply do not have time for that PC crap.

So, I'm out. Perhaps I'll make the occasional visit, but I'm not going to waste my time answering silly questions about what a cornsnake eats, or supply pictures of bloods, or post pictures of brand new morphs come this spring.

Thanks for the time, and now all those poor people that I chased off can come back.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CalasCorns

CalasCorns Member

Well when you have over 50 corns, you tend to experience a wide variety of problems. I got my original pair in 2003 and have only added to the collection since then, slowly, over the years. So yes, I'd say someone who has 50 corns and has kept them for 3+ years has more experience than someone who has one or two snakes. You don't have to agree with me, and that's fine. Just remember that reading a book doesn't make up for actual experience in any way, shape or form.

As far as debating and maturity go, I'd have to say I disagree with you. There is nothing worthwhile to debate here, because I'm not going to debate 'what to feed your cornsnake', or some other meaningless thing. If a real topic had come up, I would have been all over it. I've gotten into numerous discussions about feeding schedules and genetics---just search my posts.

I've never shied away from any debates or discussions, nor do I state my opinion and automatically declare myself the winner or some 'online debate'.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JBCT

JBCT New Member

Dont let the door hit ya on the way out.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

You guys need to relax. This is all about the animals. Not your egos.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. begunwithaletter

begunwithaletter Well-Known Member

oh, come on. Done and over with already.

Calas has been keeping corns since 2003. I got my first corn in '95. Whoop-de-doo, hooray for you, hooray for me.

There are a LOT of people here who do want to help, and are genuinely concerned with answering the questions of the newer members. So why don't we go help them, instead of dragging this sorry old argument through the dirt.

12. slackin

slackin Member

Jeez Joe, for someone who regularly attacks people here, I thought you would be able to take a little criticizm without taking it personally. But if you want to take your ball and go home, that's ok. Your knowledge is valuable around here but I don't understand why you can't be nice to people. It's not that hard.

13. garybingham

garybingham Member

i have kept corns fo 4 years and spent 2 years reading up on them and i was very active on this site till you come on Mr know all , i keep 10 corns and have breed them for 3 years once you joined i seen the posts you made and you think you are better than everyone else cos you got 50 corns, so what . i for one will be glad to see the back of you

Gaz

14. favrefan12

favrefan12 Member

This calascorns guy is really cool. No, really. I wish that I could be cool and have 50+ corns and a million posts on a cornsnake related website implying my genius and know EVERYTHING about them. Then all you morons who are merely doing the best you can and asking for advice will bow before me and my limitless snake-related wisdom! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! FEAR ME!!! Wow, I just went on a power trip there. Aren't those annoying?
    Anyway, to the original posted, if you are still around, a vet would be a good choice. Also, what happens to the crickets when you put them in the tank? If they disappear, there actually is a chance that they are being eaten. But don't keep feeding the snake the crickets. They need ice to be healthy.

15. favrefan12

favrefan12 Member

And by ice I mean mice. Please don't feed your snake ice, that would be a bad idea, as I'm sure CalasCorns is well aware of.

16. LewsKinslayer0

LewsKinslayer0 Well-Known Member

The whole point we raised is that knowledge doesn't come with the number of animals you keep or the number of posts you have. It is easy to gain a lot of posts just be commenting on photos or short one line answers that are general and not specifically helpful. I'm not saying he doesn't have the knowledge but what most people's concern here was the way he acted and said stuff.

I'm not sue but I think a mod should lock this post, it has run it's course and if the orignal starter is still here we have give them the advice needed.

17. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

ROFL!

18. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

OK, enough fun.....let's just let it drop now.

19. nancil1

nancil1 New Member

I knew Joe was going to end up saying he was leaving again. People that do not like honest, straight forward opinions should perhaps be the ones to leave the site. I was surprised to see him back here, and glad of it. An honest answer is not ridicule. And those of you that said good bye cheerfully, are missing the point- education is the goal here, and because you do not like his choice of words does not make him WRONG. Nancy

20. JBCT

JBCT New Member

Calling someone an idiot is not being honest or straight forward. Its acting childish and disrespectful. Plain and simple.

I think it might be you who are missing the point. Education is possible without belittling people or acting arrogant simply because you may have bred a few corn snakes.

Let me see if I can explain it so you can understand.

Regarding your post. Above I commented on it without insulting you or making you feel like a lower class human being. I could have said this:

"He is a moron and if you like his posts you're a moron as well."

See the difference?

21. nancil1

nancil1 New Member

Right. You are absolutely right, as I am sure you always think you are.
    Bottom line is that if this site is supposed to be open to everyone, then he has a perfect right to say what he wants without being attacked. If it is NOT open to everyone, then perhaps some people should join a more exclusive club, where they can smile and nod and tell everyone how nice they are to others and sugar coat their answers. I am done with this subject. Nancy

22. favrefan12

favrefan12 Member

Are you his wife or stalker or fan club or something? Everywhere he makes a post there is one by you immediatly after fawning over him. And you are exactly right, people havea right to say what they want without being attacked. Tell you friend Joe that. And know that if you say something that is clearly instigative (that is a real word), expect repercussions.

23. nancil1

nancil1 New Member

None of the above. I do not know him except through this site, but I do look at it a lot and feel I am learning alot. And not only from him, but from others. I often do not say anything, but that attack was ridiculous, and i felt the need to add something. YOU need to grow up. I just know his answers are right, and I appreciate his answers. So many people pretend to be experts beacuse they own a snake or have 177 posts, haha., and no, that does NOT make them an expert. Joe has spent hours not only raising snakes, but reading about them and talking about them with long time experts, such as Kathy Love. Have you done the same?

24. garybingham

garybingham Member

as in my post i spent 2 years before getting a corn reading up on them endless amounts of care sheets and lots of booke then i joined this site and learnt a lot more from ppl who kept corns without ppl slaging me off

25. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

This happens in every forum. ;) If someone honestly comes in here asking a question regarding corn snakes, however silly it may seem to you, and you want to answer it, be nice. If you are not going to be nice, don't post. Corn snakes do not eat crickets, and yes, if your baby corn hasn't eaten in 3 months, get it to the vet. It isn't going to survive much longer. There could also be husbandry issues, if you could post temps, cage size, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.