Egg! New to the forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Heika, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Heika

Heika Moderator

Hello all,

I just joined up yesterday and thought that I would introduce myself. I have owned reptiles in the past (green iguanas, water dragons, a few different varieties of turtles) and really enjoyed them. I haven't owned any reptiles in about 10 years now, and decided recently I would like to purchase a chameleon. I am amazed at how much more available information is, and the advancement of equipment!

I will be going to the Hillsboro Pet Expo on the 24th in Oregon, and hope to find a veiled or jackson's chameleon to bring home with me. Or, maybe a panther. I was dead set on getting a veiled, but the more I read, the more I have learned that they tend to have a rather nasty disposition. I don't plan to handle the lizard often, but I don't want to get hissed at every time I open the cage.

Anyhow, hello!

Heika

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Welcome to the forums!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. garybingham

garybingham Member

hi and welcome

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Blane

Blane New Member

Welcome!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

welcome, this is a great place to gather information!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. D00M

D00M Well-Known Member

Heika, Welcome to the Reptile Rooms forums! I hope you find everything your looking for here. Hope to see pictures of the chameleon your going to get!

12. Kira

Kira New Member

Hello & Welcome!
    And might I add what a beautiful state you live in. I travel out to Washington and Oregon every spring when I follow Blue Oyster Cult around on the west coast run and the pacific northwest is my fav!!!! In March we drove down the coast from Aberdeen, WA. to Florence, OR. and stayed the night at Cannon Beach at a hotel that was on the beach with Haystack Rock right smack in front of it. Sweet.

13. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

14. bratspets

bratspets Member

Hi Heika...welcome! I used to live in Oregon and would go back in a minute!

15. Heika

Heika Moderator

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

This is a beautiful state, but it is getting coooolddd already. We were down to freezing last night.

16. ChamBreeder2005

ChamBreeder2005 New Member

Welcome! Gald times Changed?

17. Radagast

Radagast New Member

Welcome Heiko,,,Fairly new here myself, its a nice board with lots of info..

18. Rocky

Rocky Member

Welcome!!!

19. faunafan

faunafan Embryo

20. bratspets

bratspets Member

Are you in the mountains? Cascades or Coast Range? We used to live in Corvallis/Philomath, also Hermiston.

21. Heika

Heika Moderator

I live in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Our elevation here is well over 3000 feet, so it does get cold a little sooner than the northern part of the state.

22. bratspets

bratspets Member

A beautiful area! I worked at Crater Lake the summer of '88, in the giftshop, with a room in the old lodge (great view). We would go to Klamath Falls on our day off sometimes. It does start getting cold early there, huh?

Pick out your cham yet?

23. Heika

Heika Moderator

Oh, that would be the perfect summer job! Yeah, it does get cold fairly early in the year, and they are predicting a bad winter here. We will see... last few years have been drought years.

I decided to get a Jackson's chameleon, but am waiting to purchase until Saturday. Hopefully, this expo I go to has them. If not I will buy from a breeder online. I just finished building my cage about a half an hour ago, yay! For a non-carpenter, I am pleased with it. It definately isn't a work of art, though.

24. bratspets

bratspets Member

Yes, it made me hate going home though...Crater Lake is so gorgeous.

Just so your "work of art" is safe and suitable! Good luck finding your chammy.