EGGS!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by jeepnphreak, May 29, 2005.

1. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

this morning I woke up to find one of our girl in the process of laying her eggs. YEA !!!!!! :D :D :D

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

eggss

final count is 6 perfect eggs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. juice

juice Member

Congtats! That's so awesome. One day I hope that I can breed my BP...but that'll be in the future though. As I am still learning more and more on BP's as well as my lil' guy....thanks for sharing w/ us these awesome pix....

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. kavinos

kavinos Member

Congrats mate, do you have any guides on incubating python eggs. Ive read stuff about placing them in netting etc.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Snake_Dude

Snake_Dude New Member

Cool, how long dose it take for those things to hatch?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Hey thanks every one

kavinos- not sure about the netting but i use in my incubator a mix of perlite and vermiculite. seems to work very well

snake_dude- it takes about 55-60 days to hatch.
    Ill be posting again when that time come.

12. Mr_Goth

Mr_Goth New Member

Congratulations!!! It must be a blessing to own a ball python but to have a mother and her offspring wow that’s something! Please post picks of the little ones when they hatch :p

13. outback_fire

outback_fire Member

Alright! nothing like seeing eggs is there?!?!?!? I nearly had a heart attack (thats saying something considering im 14 years old) when my old panther chameleons had eggs, they turned out to be bright orange babies and I made a lot of $... Are the babies Het for anything?

14. tjhallock

tjhallock Member

Congrats man. I hope to breed chondros when i get older... Did she lay 6 eggs, or is that just the good ones?

15. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

outback fire - hets??? not sure yet the mother is a normal and the father is a blackback, th eblack back has not bred before so I am not too sure what hidden gense her might be packing.

tjhallock-- she just layed 6 eggs no slugs at all....so not a huge clutch but a good average size. oh and this was this femals first clutch.

16. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Always a beautiful site!!!!

17. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

Are they very protective over their eggs? I know some reptile mommies dont want to have anything to do with the eggs once laid (ie, my crested gecko, luna). Also, how big are they? They appeared to be the size of a large chicken egg, is that true? Was she in dirt? ooops sorry for all of the questions!

-Julez

18. shrap

Julez,

Some can be very protective for sure. In nature they stayed coiled around the eggs to incubate them. So yes it can be an adventure to get mom away from them. I generally put a bath towel over mom and gently unwind her while trying to disturb the eggs as little as possible. The eggs are a little bigger than the largest of chicken eggs.

19. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

Thanks so much, Shrap. So, for the full sixty days, they just sit there, wrapped around the eggs? I think it's so intresting the ways that the different animals yield young. Can you show me pics of Piedball babies?

20. shrap

Yep, they stay wrapped and ready to defend until they hatch.

I can show you pics in about 22 more days!!!!

21. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

oh gosh! imma count down the days, and imma also count down the days until you send me one =D!!

22. outback_fire

outback_fire Member

Wow Shrap, I knew you bred balls but I didn't know they were pieds! How did you learn how to breed them anyway?
    P.S.= What are your prices and do you have a site?

23. shrap

Lol, I learned by doing a lot of research and asking established breeders a lot of questions.

I do not plan to sell anything this year. I am still building my breeding groups. No, I do not have a site yet. Here in the next year or two when I decide to start selling I will though.

I just have this problem of getting attatched to everything I breed and don't want to let them go, lol.

24. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

but see, you're not gunna *sell* one to me, you're gunna lemme borrow it. =D!!! ill even pay for shipping

25. DizzyStar

DizzyStar Member

soooooo, say i wanted to breed my bp, but i DONT have an incubator.... this is purely hypothetical, i dont have a male... is it ok to just let her do her incubating thing as she would in nature? or does being captive bred/raised introduce factors that wold make that unsafe?