Everyone show off your tank setup

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by bhuynh, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Herp__Kid

Herp__Kid Member

RE: Re: RE: George

nice beware of attack snake sign lol i have one that says beware of attack seagull

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Corny_Noob

Corny_Noob Member

RE: Re: RE: George

I gotta figure out how to hang that up. I bought that special for my future inlaws whenever they come visit, they think my herps are the devil spawn, even more now that I'm expecting.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. HerpKeeper

HerpKeeper Embryo

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. HarnDog

HarnDog Embryo

New Corn's Tank

[​IMG]

20L with UTH on the side with rock cave. water dish in the middle with step up so she can get out. Going to add some plants and things later store just didn't have any cool ones in att.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Corny_Noob

Corny_Noob Member

RE: New Corn

My new baby's tenner:
    [​IMG]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

RE: New Corn

ok well this is a working proces, still planning on doing some major changes soon.
    [​IMG]

12. lplasc

lplasc New Member

here are a couple of pics of my corn tank.

[​IMG]

13. goodwin1234

goodwin1234 Embryo

fpc40 is that real ivy in your viv? Is it safe to use as i'd love to use some live plants for my corn.

14. vthokie11

vthokie11 New Member

Here is mine....its a 20 L with about 12-14" partitioned off for a hatchling corn....IMO I feel that a very young snake can be stressed out with too much floor space so that is my reasoning for only using a portion of the 20 L.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. salvadorian

salvadorian New Member

How does this look?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm getting my first cornsnake tomorrow and this is where he/she will live! It's a 30 gallon, those are real plants (all in the aloe family) and I have a grow light over the tank (it is UVB, meant for growing plants) as well as an under tank heater just to keep it warm at night, temp gunned it at 90 one side, 78 at the other. The substrate is large stones and some woodchips mixed in, NOT cedar.
    Tell me what you think! I'm super excited!

16. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

I like it, but you might think about adding some more hides :) Like on on the cool side and one on the warm side, maybe a humid hide to help with shedding (something I use for my leopard geckos. As for the temps, I do not own any snakes (mom's scared of them) so I do not know if that is the appropriate temps. But congrats on getting a snake :)
    Also, I really should stop looking because it's just making me want a snake that much more XD
    oh well dang, that's from 2009!

17. Steve Casey

Steve Casey Embryo

18. Steve Casey

Steve Casey Embryo

hi me and my partner keep and breed corns we have our corns on wood shavings with a couple of hydes and the temperature is 86 degrees at the hot end any more than that is in our opinion too hot and in the summer we don't have the heat on and we must be doing something right as we've just had a 100 percent hatch ratewith our last lot of eggs so we're now looking to find homes for shortly

19. Steve Casey

Steve Casey Embryo

hi just a few comments to make, (1) anything metal in there and the pebbles need to come out as they're likely to hold the heat which could cause burns, (2) please be aware the plants could introduce mites,(3)the water bowl could do with being a bit bigger, (4)corns don't need a uv light and make sure ur tank is secure cause if there's a hole anywhere they'll find it and be gone then just look for the warmest and darkest place and thats where u will normally as they're brilliant escapologists.lol