Exo-terra 18x18x18

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Geckonator, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Geckonator

Geckonator Embryo

I am thinking of upgrading my current tank and I was considering getting and Exo-terra tank. Being in Canada I usually go to Petsmart for my supplies and I know they sell kits there which has the tank and some other stuff too, I'm pretty sure the 12 x 12 x 18 would be too small, Ideally I want to get the 18x18x24 but at 200$ it's a bit expensive, any one know about the 18x18x18? Would it be alright for a single gecko? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

for one gecko it should be fine.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

What are you thinking about putting in it? It would be "ok" for a crested or gargoyle... definitely not a chahoua or leachie...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Geckonator

Geckonator Embryo

I was going to put my Crestie in it, but I've decided I'll just stick it out until Christmas and get the bigger tank :) For now I just turned his current tank on it's side to give him some more height.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oh nice :) Well I hope you get it as a present so you don't have to buy it :) Good luck!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Joel Lowe

Joel Lowe New Member

i have a few 18x18x18 tanks and they work great for my crested geckos it rised and breed a few gens out of those tanks but when i got the money i jumped up to the bigger ones

12. Lunachick

Lunachick New Member

In my opinion, an 18x18x18 is alright, but the more height, the better, as cresties are aboreal and it's not so much floor space they need, but rather height. My bf keeps his 2 juvies in that size, but he's going to have to upgrade to 24" tall.